1A Championship Dresden verses Greenback

ysoangry

I truly hope it's a close game. Somehow I feel like either

1. The Greenback line will take over and dominate the game.

OR

2. Dresser Winn will make play and pass/rush for 9283726 yards.

My guess would be on #2, but who knows.

BTW, I'm wondering why no one has talked about Winn's rushing ability. Based on his Hudl highlighrs, I'm just as impressed with the kid's ability to keep the secondary honest. Everyone seems to be so caught up in that golden arm that they forget about his legs!

I predicted Dresden to have about the same success as last year, and I was forced to admit I couldn't have been more wrong. One of my best friends is a sports writer and statistician. Winn averages more yards per carry than anybody in the state (15 ypc). I kid you not, he was averaging 23 ypc and throwing at 83% with 1 INT going into week 8. When Dresden faced the murderers row and big region three in Trenton, UC and Humboldt, just in that stretch, he was sacked a cartoonish amount of times (which hurt his ypc average). That's where Greenback will have an advantage, but their o line has got better based off what I got to see last Friday. Drop everybody back into zone coverage, and Dresden will proudly run the ball with Winn and Yates. Yates was averaging 13 YPC and had 1,296 rushing yards in the regular season, so, yeah, good luck with all that. I've watched Dresden more this year than I ever have, and they're seriously one of the best teams from this area ever. Greenback is one of the strongest contenders from the East in years. This game will be an absolute dog fight.

I truly hope it's a close game. Somehow I feel like either

1. The Greenback line will take over and dominate the game.

OR

2. Dresser Winn will make play and pass/rush for 9283726 yards.

My guess would be on #2, but who knows.

BTW, I'm wondering why no one has talked about Winn's rushing ability. Based on his Hudl highlighrs, I'm just as impressed with the kid's ability to keep the secondary honest. Everyone seems to be so caught up in that golden arm that they forget about his legs!

He can flat run.

How you like that silver trophy from 2000! LOL! Alcoa is the,REAL Tornadoes......UC...just a little wind bag! Ha!!

Did Mr Mario ever get out of prison???.....hehe!

Wow! You truly are a class act. I mean straight up super cool guy. You do really well behind a computer screen don't ya. I don't know anything about Mario. I wasn't here then but only a true jacka $$ would mention something like that. I have figured out what the BC stands for.......Bull Crap. That's all you spew. But I'm certain this is not the first time someone has put that together. Talk to you later butt flap.

Woowee! Welp...I just got done got watching film and this one is in the bag! I'll give it to their QB. I know he probably should've won Mr. Football twice even though that never happens to players from over there. And I'll even say he's the best player in 1A...but he won't be able to get a pass off with our monsters on the D line! Sorry Dresden...you guys just don't realize what you're signing up for. We got here to the big dance last year with the same group pretty much and are probably one of the most dominant 1A teams ever this year with most of our core back with this senior group. The running game doesn't scare me one bit. He's running over midgets and doesn't have that much speed. They know a QB can't run but a handful of times against a team our size. Dresden's defense doesn't impress me one bit. We like to run outside and our big boys will put the outside linebackers on their back every play...just watch. Dresden also won't see our play action passes since they'll be so worried about our run game. We could run the same play the entire game and still win this. Our O linemen is about to embarrass the front 7 of Dresden....you might not like it but you'll be forced to accept it. Yyyyeeeeee, yyyyyyeeeee!!!! Get em up Kees! Let's do it this time babaaay!!

Edited by exkees86

Woowee! Welp...I just got done got watching film and this one is in the bag! I'll give it to their QB. I know he probably should've won Mr. Football twice even though that never happens to players from over there. And I'll even say he's the best player in 1A...but he won't be able to get a pass off with our monsters on the D line! Sorry Dresden...you guys just don't realize what you're signing up for. We got here to the big dance last year with the same group pretty much and are probably one of the most dominant 1A teams ever this year with most of our core back with this senior group. The running game doesn't scare me one bit. He's running over midgets and doesn't have that much speed. They know a QB can't run but a handful of times against a team our size. Dresden's defense doesn't impress me one bit. We like to run outside and our big boys will put the outside linebackers on their back every play...just watch. Dresden also won't see our play action passes since they'll be so worried about our run game. We could run the same play the entire game and still win this. Our O linemen is about to embarrass the front 7 of Dresden....you might not like it but you'll be forced to accept it. Yyyyeeeeee, yyyyyyeeeee!!!! Get em up Kees! Let's do it this time babaaay!!

They didn't sign up, they earned it, which was tough on this side of the state. You'll see

I predicted Dresden to have about the same success as last year, and I was forced to admit I couldn't have been more wrong. One of my best friends is a sports writer and statistician. Winn averages more yards per carry than anybody in the state (15 ypc). I kid you not, he was averaging 23 ypc and throwing at 83% with 1 INT going into week 8. When Dresden faced the murderers row and big region three in Trenton, UC and Humboldt, just in that stretch, he was sacked a cartoonish amount of times (which hurt his ypc average). That's where Greenback will have an advantage, but their o line has got better based off what I got to see last Friday. Drop everybody back into zone coverage, and Dresden will proudly run the ball with Winn and Yates. Yates was averaging 13 YPC and had 1,296 rushing yards in the regular season, so, yeah, good luck with all that. I've watched Dresden more this year than I ever have, and they're seriously one of the best teams from this area ever. Greenback is one of the strongest contenders from the East in years. This game will be an absolute dog fight.

Great post and great stats! Like I said, the pressure is on this Greenback D-line. If they can get their jobs done well, it will be a dog fight.

lol. 

You may very well be right. Your line may (and probably will) whoop Dresen's line all morning long on both sides of the ball. But I'm telling you.. Dresden has the playmakers to play around it. I can't believe I said that because there's not many teams at all that I can say that about.

this sounds like another lions fan. Lol