1A Championship Dresden verses Greenback

ysoangry

Should be a great game. Only wish I could see it in person. I expect penalties will play a major part in this game.

Dresden started out the season being very penalty prone often from playing too aggressive. They've done a great job during the last half of the season & playoffs of cutting down on those penalties. I believe we only had 1 penalty in UC playoff game.

Lots of articles for you Greenback fans in the Jackson Sun & Dresden Enterprise as well

Good article in the Jackson Sun about Hewitt. Didn't know that he came back. I remember watching that 2011 game vs Friendship. That was brutal. That FC team had fast backs and they were big up front. I don't recall anyone other than Trousdale or Gordonsville really challenging them during their back to back run.

Dresden started out the season being very penalty prone often from playing too aggressive. They've done a great job during the last half of the season & playoffs of cutting down on those penalties. I believe we only had 1 penalty in UC playoff game.

Yes they have improved. The flags will be flying in both directions for this one, though.

Edited by fallguy17

Good article in the Jackson Sun about Hewitt. Didn't know that he came back. I remember watching that 2011 game vs Friendship. That was brutal. That FC team had fast backs and they were big up front. I don't recall anyone other than Trousdale or Gordonsville really challenging them during their back to back run.

Knox news good article and even better answers by Coach Hanley.It was a different time back then.The three class system wasn't watered down and to make the playoffs was hard and to win a championship was even harder.We have to worry about this Lion team first and foremost!

Good article in the Jackson Sun about Hewitt. Didn't know that he came back. I remember watching that 2011 game vs Friendship. That was brutal. That FC team had fast backs and they were big up front. I don't recall anyone other than Trousdale or Gordonsville really challenging them during their back to back run.

Think Boyd got hosed against FC in semi-finals. Hewitt is like a bad rash, cant get rid of him. lol He had the title of HC but anyone from Dresden knows what turned the team from 1 and 39 into the 2011 team. 

I am not going to quote on such an ignorant post.It just pisses you off that Roberts was a Finalist and Silvey won Mr Football.You should be ashamed of yourself for being so jealous and ugly towards two kids.You are a coward!

I'm not jealous. I've stated several times both of these kids are very good Class A players, but they get away with too much dirty play, too much yapping. That falls on the coaches.

I have laid low all week but to this post I will whole heartedly disagree. Dresden's rushing attack isn't even on the same planets as Greenback's so let's not even go there. But, everybody is entitled to an opinion that is why we are on here. My opinion is Greenback's 3rd string running back is as good as Dresden's 1st string. JMO

My opinion is that Gilbert is better than Roberts. 

Pride, you ever notice that when OnB disappears, the expurt shows up???  <_<