1A Championship Dresden verses Greenback

ysoangry

Rang stock is up so leaving now is his best option. If he doesn't then he might stay for years at Dresden. I hope he stays at Dresden for you guys. I just don't think 1a football and 6 hours from family and closest friends is his future. He made a mistake at 26 years old by leaving classroom giving a test. He was made for an example bc of his age and not a family to provide for or I don't think he would have been asked to resign. He came to Dresden for one purpose and that was to coach this years class. It looks like both parties accomplished their goals. No one from Dresden should be mad or give him a hard time if he leaves bc he did put 100 percent to the program the whole time he was in Dresden and will leave the program in excellent shape. I wish Westview would have had him.

It's hard to let go of a good coach in 1a, but happens to often. Bigger schools that can offer big money keep a close eye on these small rural schools. If you can win year in and year out with a small talent pool it catches the eye of the bigger schools. I know that here in Wayne County coach Rice has been offered jobs at other schools every year but has chosen to stay and we have been very blessed. I know it was tough for him to turn down schools such as Oakland and Giles Co but by staying he has put WC football on the map and built it into a winning program that competes every game every year.

He may have the chance to make more money by going east, but he also has the chance to get to the semifinals for the next 4 years the way our region is set up. So the question him for is is money more important than coaching success here in Dresden.

There is also a chance that Humboldt and/or Lake County who traditionally have good athletes figure something out and give a rebuilding/reloading Dresden a run for their money.  It looks like Dresden will be hit very hard by graduation.  Who will fill Yates and Winn's shoes?  Will anyone come close to that kind of production?

There is also a chance that Humboldt and/or Lake County who traditionally have good athletes figure something out and give a rebuilding/reloading Dresden a run for their money. It looks like Dresden will be hit very hard by graduation. Who will fill Yates and Winn's shoes? Will anyone come close to that kind of production?

I doubt Humboldt will be even close next yr to the team they were this yr.. I think the lose 24-26 seniors.

There is also a chance that Humboldt and/or Lake County who traditionally have good athletes figure something out and give a rebuilding/reloading Dresden a run for their money.  It looks like Dresden will be hit very hard by graduation.  Who will fill Yates and Winn's shoes?  Will anyone come close to that kind of production?

From what I'm hearing Jones will be next years QB, very good athlete and is a dual threat. The running back position I assume will be Taylor or possibly the younger Yates. We lose a ton but have several players coming back and some very good freshman coming in. It will be interesting to see how they gel next year.

From what I'm hearing Jones will be next years QB, very good athlete and is a dual threat. The running back position I assume will be Taylor or possibly the younger Yates. We lose a ton but have several players coming back and some very good freshman coming in. It will be interesting to see how they gel next year.

will be a solid team in couple of yrs