Mairvul Footbawl 2017

STARSNBARS

10 hours ago, OldRebel2 said:

And 53 years ago, 1964 Rebels state championship team (AP).

Makes me mad when reporting outlets (and Coacht members) say MHS has 16 state championships. DB and every school I know claim their AP championships (before the playoff system), but when it comes to MHS, the media and others won't give the 1964 team the recognition that it earned and deserved. Every time I hear someone say MHS has 16 state championship, I always correct them.......NO 17!   (I like your signature)  That team only had 14 points scored against it and was ranked nationally.

It Drives me nuts too , especially when they make a big deal about Maryville and Alcoa having 16 Tied together ... for those who say it was before playoffs , well I guess all National Championships in D1 College football doesn't count before 2014 ... The AP Voted Maryville the 1964 State Champion , that's how Championships were decided then ... I Promise you , if a Knoxville School was in the discussion , backyard middle school championships would be included , And If Cade Mays was on that Backyard team Mark Packer would make sure it went national !! lol 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2017 at 4:28 PM, STARSNBARS said:

OR2 lett me ennurjeck rite hear.....

1. Mairvul #1 inn stait champeenships wif 17:popcorneater:

1. Alcoa had perfect seasons in 1954 and 1955. So, Alcoa actually has 18 Championships. :thumb: Might as well go ahead and throw in the 1951 year as well. That makes #19. :lol:

Edited by Throwdeslant

37 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

1. Alcoa had perfect seasons in 1954 and 1955. So, Alcoa actually has 18 Championships. :thumb: Might as well go ahead and throw in the 1951 year as well. That makes #19. :lol:

tds ..If'un ewe cain add 54 and 55 and 51 aftur Mairvul beet Alcoee then'st eye wood like two add tha teems ov 35, 46 and 51....Thait maiks uhhhhh.....uhhh.....20......:popcorneater:

1 hour ago, STARSNBARS said:

tds ..If'un ewe cain add 54 and 55 and 51 aftur Mairvul beet Alcoee then'st eye wood like two add tha teems ov 35, 46 and 51....Thait maiks uhhhhh.....uhhh.....20......:popcorneater:

The 1954 Alcoa team went undefeated, beating Maryville, It was their win over DB that garnered the state championship title. fact.  The season was history making....big parade and they named the stadium after Coach Bill Bailey. Yeah!!!

Picture2.jpg.a7fc17bb340abad305f927685db24370.jpg

11 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

1964 MARYVILLE STATE CHAMPS???!:roflol:

They could not even  beat them fellers in South Knoxville!

Picture1.jpg.4e0032bbf1c46ef9acff10733d9b0c52.jpg

If you want to use these old games as official.....you better look out.

DB has like 211 AP /UPI /MOMMA SAID Championships! Ha!

If I remember right I was told by Coach Wilson Maryville had put their uniforms up for almost two weeks and some of the boy's were already playing basketball and they got a call at the last minute to play this game against Young and the players elected to play even though the season had been over for us two weeks. I know a hand full of the guy's that were on that team so I'll ask one of them the next time I see them.

25 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If I remember right I was told by Coach Wilson Maryville had put their uniforms up for almost two weeks and some of the boy's were already playing basketball and they got a call at the last minute to play this game against Young and the players elected to play even though the season had been over for us two weeks. I know a hand full of the guy's that were on that team so I'll ask one of them the next time I see them.

I was at that game.  Maryville couldn't stop Richard Pickens !