• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
Shozen

District 7A

Ya, bigger offers include TN Tech, Evansville, UT Martin.....

Zero offers from any SEC schools, etc

I agree it's highly highly unlikely he would average 40 a game playing day in day out vs Memphis talent. He might not start over them but would def give them a run for their money. Key had bigger offers than ISU but I think he chose immediate playing time over a bigger name.

Lomax is talented but I think his size hurts him like Darius Garland. They have time to grow but it will hurt them at bigger schools if genetics has other plans.

​I was a little surprised to see Monterey beat PC by 14. Was Monterey's size the difference? I see Macon beat Clay county as well but that has no district effect. Hard to beat a decent team 3 times.

I haven't seen PC play yet. Monterey is getting better and could make some noise come tournament time. CR plays at Monterey tonight and home vs Clay Co tomorrow night. Clay is still the team to beat in 7a but anything can happen. I've seen some shotty officiating this year, all it takes is a couple of judgement calls going against your team.

PC played without Gibson and got into foul trouble. Pickett's bench is weak after the first 2 come off. That played a huge role in the loss. But Monterey is improved with the transfers and size

District Standings as they stand right now: 

1. Clay Co. 2-0

2. Clarkrange 2-1

3. Monterey 2-1

4. Jackson Co. 1-2

5. Pickett Co. 0-3

Friday night has a couple matchups that could shake up the district. Pickett travels to Clarkrange and Clay County plays Monterey! How does everyone see it playing out? 

District Standings as they stand right now:

1. Clay Co. 2-0

2. Clarkrange 2-1

3. Monterey 2-1

4. Jackson Co. 1-2

5. Pickett Co. 0-3

Friday night has a couple matchups that could shake up the district. Pickett travels to Clarkrange and Clay County plays Monterey! How does everyone see it playing out?

Clay will beat Monterey by 20+. No one in the district can guard Key. If Clarkrange covers Abbott like Clay did then Crange by 5-8. If Abbott is left open then it could be a long night for clarkrange.

PC turns the ball over quite a bit because the lack of a PG. Abbott doesn't want to be as he wants to be a shooter and without him brining the ball up they struggle. They also lack a bench. I think maybe 1 played besides the starting 5.

Edited by Shozen

Clay will beat Monterey by 20+. No one in the district can guard Key. If Clarkrange covers Abbott like Clay did then Crange by 5-8. If Abbott is left open then it could be a long night for clarkrange.

PC turns the ball over quite a bit because the lack of a PG. Abbott doesn't want to be as he wants to be a shooter and without him brining the ball up they struggle. They also lack a bench. I think maybe 1 played besides the starting 5.

I don't see PC winning at Clarkrange. PC has only beaten Clarkrange 1 time in the last 10 games (a few 1 pt wins by Clarkrange), but they seem to have PC's #. I believe you're spot on regarding PG play for PC.

Monterey started the overrated chant for Key so Key dropped 44 points, 10 rebounds, 3 dunks, and a block that the kid is still pulling from his throat.

Edited by Shozen