District 7A

Shozen

What are your thoughts on the region standings? Who do you see in region championship ?

Region Championship should be Goodpasture vs Clay unless Watertown or a 7A team squeaks by GP. 7A is much stronger as a district. Monterey is well improved with their size so they could be in the mix.

Personally feel it's Clay's to lose even though GP has a good record I don't think they have beat anyone on Clay's caliber this year. Key has been double teamed, box and 1, etc and is still averaging 40ppg.

Edited by Shozen

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see the Clay GP game. GP has played a couple of quality teams JP III and they lost to Whites Creek. Who I would say is a team Clay hasn't seen anything like. I would expect the GP and Clay game to be a game worth watching.

I can agree to a sense. GP beat MTCA which is a solid team but Whites Creek handed them a fairly large loss. Clay beat Macon County 2 times at MC which I guarantee is just as good if not better than Whites Creek.

Clay also destroyed Gordonsville 3 times which GP beat but it was close throughout. Clay also beat another possible state tourney team at Van Buren by 27. Either way it should be a good game being at Livingston Academy.

I think Clay will have an edge as that's a familiar gym for them while also playing the district tourney there. If nothing else the drive 15 mins for Clay vs 1 30 mins for GP should account for something.

Edited by Shozen

I can agree to a sense. GP beat MTCA which is a solid team but Whites Creek handed them a fairly large loss. Clay beat Macon County 2 times at MC which I guarantee is just as good if not better than Whites Creek.

Clay also destroyed Gordonsville 3 times which GP beat but it was close throughout. Clay also beat another possible state tourney team at Van Buren by 27. Either way it should be a good game being at Livingston Academy.

I think Clay will have an edge as that's a familiar gym for them while also playing the district tourney there. If nothing else the drive 15 mins for Clay vs 1 30 mins for GP should account for something.

Macon County is not as high caliber as Whites Creek, who made it to the state semi's last year and will probably go to the glass house again. So that statement alone tells a lot of people you bias and lack of knowledge. Key is really good, Clay Co. is not. Not sure about 7A being better then 8A this year. Time will tell if Key can carry the load into tournament play.

Macon County is not as high caliber as Whites Creek, who made it to the state semi's last year and will probably go to the glass house again. So that statement alone tells a lot of people you bias and lack of knowledge. Key is really good, Clay Co. is not. Not sure about 7A being better then 8A this year. Time will tell if Key can carry the load into tournament play.

To say Clay isn't good shows your distain for them. Yes Key is very good and rightfully one of the top players in the state. Clay averages 80+ ppg and have shooters across the board. They also play 9 deep every game. So to say Clay isn't good shows your lack of knowledge.

The only two teams that have a shot in 8A is Watertown and GP all others have zero chance unlike 7A where Pickett or even Clarkrange have a shot at beating GP. We can't say the same for the likes of RBS, Gordonsville, or Meroll Hyde.

Let me have some of that knowledge you have there.

Edited by Shozen

To say Clay isn't good shows your distain for them. Yes Key is very good and rightfully one of the top players in the state. Clay averages 80+ ppg and have shooters across the board. They also play 9 deep every game. So to say Clay isn't good shows your lack of knowledge.

The only two teams that have a shot in 8A is Watertown and GP all others have zero chance unlike 7A where Pickett or even Clarkrange have a shot at beating GP. We can't say the same for the likes of RBS, Gordonsville, or Meroll Hyde.

Let me have some of that knowledge you have there.

+1

Clay has a lot more players than key, he is what puts them over the top but there are a lot more weapons than him, ogletree and silk are playing there best ball right now not to mention kimes, russel, and the other sharp shooter #4. Key is an outstanding player but there is more to there team than just him.

Edited by Billybob06

The Region 4-A Tournament is at Watertown this year.

The Region 4-A Tournament is at Watertown this year.

The WC vs GP game was very good until a terrible call at halftime. WC is a lot better than last year and the made t to the semis. That game was poorly officiated but WC outplayed us first 4 minutes of 3rd quarter.

GP was up 20+ on Gordonsville @Gordonsville but Williams made some great plays. The scores look close because people slow down the pace of the game because they don't know how they want to play us. Teams like MH,RBS, and Gordonsville hold the ball. Scores can be deceiving sometimes. GP didn't beat Gordonsville by a lot but beat Watertown by 20+ who's a top 10 team in A. Also beat #10 team in A by 30 earlier this year. GP is really hard to play against because they can play any style of game, they can run or they can slow it down.

The WC vs GP game was very good until a terrible call at halftime. WC is a lot better than last year and the made t to the semis. That game was poorly officiated but WC outplayed us first 4 minutes of 3rd quarter.

GP was up 20+ on Gordonsville @Gordonsville but Williams made some great plays. The scores look close because people slow down the pace of the game because they don't know how they want to play us. Teams like MH,RBS, and Gordonsville hold the ball. Scores can be deceiving sometimes. GP didn't beat Gordonsville by a lot but beat Watertown by 20+ who's a top 10 team in A. Also beat #10 team in A by 30 earlier this year. GP is really hard to play against because they can play any style of game, they can run or they can slow it down.

Watertown isn't a top 10 single A team, sorry just isn't the case. They lost to Monterey who is solid but no where near top 10.CoachT rankings are just based off records and scores in which most of the West TN teams barely input games into CoachT.

As far as GP having 4 of the top 5 players in 7A if they where in it just wouldn't be the case either. You're sorely underestimating Clay County as a team and 7A top to bottom if you think Key solely wins CC their games. I am glad you think that way though. Hopefully your bench is deep because foul trouble is going to be a factor when trying to guard Key. Clay plays 10 players every night.

They average 80+ ppg. I agree scores arent a good representation of who is better. However be my guest if you guys want to try to run up and down the floor with CC. I'm sure they will enjoy it aswell. Remember Clay beat RBS by almost 70 (101-37) and Gordonsville 3 times by an average of 35 with the starters playing at most 2 quarters.

Edited by Shozen