2017 State Champions- Make Your Pick!

AllRegion

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like everyone to make their pick for 2017 State Champions in this thread. I did the same thing last year and it's neat to see how close we can get. I got three out of eight last year, so hopefully my crystal ball clears up this year! I'll start by going first:

Division II-A: Nashville Christian School

Division II-AA: Webb School of Knoxville

Division II-AAA: Ensworth

1A: South Pittsburg

2A: Union City

3A: Alcoa 

4A: Greeneville

5A: Hillsboro

6A: Maryville 

Any insight on Hillsboro? I thought they were losing a lot.....

1A: South Pittsburg vs Dresden

2A: Trousdale Co. vs Union City

3A: Alcoa vs Pearl-Cohn

4A: Greeneville vs Liberty Tech

5A: Fulton vs Hillsboro

6A: Maryville vs Whitehaven

D-II Class A: Nashville Christian vs Friendship Christian

D-II Class AA: CAK vs CPA

D-II Class AAA: Ensworth vs Brentwood Academy

Not bad. But CAK and CPA? No Webb or Lausanne?

Agree. I think it will be Webb and Lausanne the next 3-4 years (obviously upsets will occur and this won't actually happen every year in the championship game). Both teams are just so good and young. Of course the teams coming over from D1 will have something to say about that. In D2-AAA, I'm gonna step out on a limb and go Ensworth-MUS. Would have to take a deeper look into D2-A before making any sort of prediction.

Agree. I think it will be Webb and Lausanne the next 3-4 years (obviously upsets will occur and this won't actually happen every year in the championship game). Both teams are just so good and young. Of course the teams coming over from D1 will have something to say about that. In D2-AAA, I'm gonna step out on a limb and go Ensworth-MUS. Would have to take a deeper look into D2-A before making any sort of prediction.

what makes you think MUS