division 2 rankings are posted

Hamm

Whitworth is wrestling 106 at the Cleveland duals this weekend. Alex is the most accomplished MS kid to start wrestling TN HS school since Mason Reiniche. He is 5-0 at 113p so far this season. He placed 2nd at Compound Super32 HS Qualifier in Ga in 106p bracket with 48 HS kids from Ga, Fl, TN, Al, SC. He finished higher in that tourney than a Fargo Champ. Alex also placed at Super32 MS this year and he should absolutely be the number 1 seed in D2 at 106.

Whitworth may be the next Phillip Simpson or Jordan Leen, however, it's hard to tell how good a kid is until he grows out of the 106-120lb divisions in Tennessee. Kid does look like the real deal.

King and Reinche both won Tulsa, both placed High at Super 32 , and both won several Dixie Nationals and liberty nationals and placed high at Ohio Tourn of Champions growing up. Not sure anyone from Tennesse did what they did as youth wrestlers. They both beat up on my kids for several years

I see King and Reinche, of they stay with it, making noise at the next level like Philip Simpson and Jordon leen did some time ago

Wow. That's a big statement. All based on a middle school career?

It's hard to gauge a kid based on a middle school career. Not fair to him at this point to deem him as as extraordinary just because of middle school accomplishments and a mostly likely 106lb number 1 seed in D2. Again, the kid is really good though.

I see King and Reinche, of they stay with it, making noise at the next level like Philip Simpson and Jordon leen did some time ago

Sommers...making noise at the NCAA D1 level (All-American) takes several things:

1.  wrestlers must continue to have the desire and work ethic to reach that level

2.  they must stay healthy

3.  being in a good practice room with great workout partners really helps

4.  getting in the lineup early and winning helps with their confidence

Wrestling at the elite college level takes a unique type of athlete/individual.  Simply put Phillip Simpson & Jordan Leen were special individuals that don't come along very often. 

I do the rankings.  There were not two kids from the same school ranked.  Two different kids from two different schools were ranked, but mistakenly listed as from the same school.  Thanks for the heads up.  It has been corrected.

Booger, in all due respect, you have NO IDEA how much research goes into rankings.  Its early, and if a kid is listed on a roster and should be ranked, they are.

As for the claim that guys on T could chunk more accurate rankings, perhaps you are right, but where are they?  How often are they updated, and does it continue all season?  

Maybe you should publish your own, do it each week, all season long.  Then, lets debate on how much research it takes.

Hamm!,

You know that nobody on this board has a better appreciation for what you do with the rankings than I do.

That said, not sure your statement highlighted above is true.  I know you are missing one returning finalist who had wins over at least three guys who won state titles last year.  Unless you think that particular wrestler isn't deserving of being ranked.

There are a lot of weights that you have guys listed at where they haven't competed yet.  Not sure if you are trying to project where they are now or where you think some of them will end up.

I appreciate all of the work you do!

Call me if you want to talk it over!

Edited by ghouse

Hamm you do a great job buddy! Me and da Mrs. moved down here from da far nord some years ago and I must say dat we do enjoy da rankings! You betcha! It takes at least til Christmas to get'em all ironed out. Ya, Ya, Fritzie, It ain't no easy task! Me and da Mrs. will be headed to da Cleveland Duals dis weekend to check out da great wrasslin and sample some of the tasty offerings da concession stand will be sellin. I cut too much weight back in da day and I am trying to make up for it. I'm still a waitin to come accross some good hotdish! Who has the best concessions down here?

We all thought Elijah Oliver was the next Jordan Lean/ Philip Simpson, but we've seen how it has turned out. Not taking anything way from Oliver, he is a great wrestler and is one of the best from Tennessee, but he has not received All American status yet. Oliver was much tougher than Whitworth from Mccallie is. To be a NCAA Division 1 champion/ All American is a completely different story than high school wrestling. 

• Upvote 1

We all thought Elijah Oliver was the next Jordan Lean/ Philip Simpson, but we've seen how it has turned out.

Elijah was a freshman last year who qualified for the ncaa tourney and got the 16 seed (don't remember Phillip or Jordan being seeded their true freshman year). This year he's a sophomore and currently ranked 13 by Flo. So remind me again, how did it "turn out"?

• Upvote 1

Hamm you do a great job buddy! Me and da Mrs. moved down here from da far nord some years ago and I must say dat we do enjoy da rankings! You betcha! It takes at least til Christmas to get'em all ironed out. Ya, Ya, Fritzie, It ain't no easy task! Me and da Mrs. will be headed to da Cleveland Duals dis weekend to check out da great wrasslin and sample some of the tasty offerings da concession stand will be sellin. I cut too much weight back in da day and I am trying to make up for it. I'm still a waitin to come accross some good hotdish! Who has the best concessions down here?