9 Classifications in TN football?

owlman1967

I think it's time to quit complaining and just play ball. All the whining is why they keep changing stuff every 2-4 years.

amen. The whining got the privates split. Now it is something new. Again I will ask. Since the privates have an advantage, how many privates were in the finals this year in D1. #everyonegetsatrophy

amen. The whining got the privates split. Now it is something new. Again I will ask. Since the privates have an advantage, how many privates were in the finals this year in D1. #everyonegetsatrophy

None. Knoxville Catholic appeared to be on the way but was knocked off. CPA ran into a magnet that already has 1,000 students. It's more than just football, and more than just championships. Check out the results over an average season. The most unsuccessful group is the small rural public teams which this would take care of.

None. Knoxville Catholic appeared to be on the way but was knocked off. CPA ran into a magnet that already has 1,000 students. It's more than just football, and more than just championships. Check out the results over an average season. The most unsuccessful group is the small rural public teams which this would take care of.

what do you mean take care of. Take care of what? Mediocrecie,Dominance from a program that works hard. That can be achieved in private or public. I myself grew up in public and my kids go to private. I teach my kids to work hard for what they want. When you split out privates because they have an advantage then you are teaching kids to change the system to suit you not to work hard to achieve. Next will be open enrollment schools. And in my personal opinion which does not mean anything but open enrollment schools and coop schools have the bigest advantage They recruit kids without the tuition. It will play out the next couple of years Then everyone will cry and open enrollment will have a multiplier or even better there will be another class for a championship. This is not about regular season it strictly # everyonegetsatrophy. Edited by BigEdMo

# no not everyone, 7 in this, down from 9. Going to a rural-urban/private would take a lot of a open zone disagreement away. The student participation rate difference would be a reason to keep a 1.5 in the urban/private division.

not directed toward you but it will not happen because to many people wanted privates out so that everyone gets a trophy. Personally growing up I loved playing the privates. When we would beat MUS or Briarcrest it was a little more satisfying and made us work harder. That is what I teach my son. I tell him the publics want to stick it to them. But now who knows. Let's have 9 trophies and mark it down soon the open enrollment and coop schools will cause a 10th. Sad

not directed toward you but it will not happen because to many people wanted privates out so that everyone gets a trophy. Personally growing up I loved playing the privates. When we would beat MUS or Briarcrest it was a little more satisfying and made us work harder. That is what I teach my son. I tell him the publics want to stick it to them. But now who knows. Let's have 9 trophies and mark it down soon the open enrollment and coop schools will cause a 10th. Sad

It's funny I keep seeing private school folks say "Everyone wants the privates out so everyone gets a trophy".. there's 3 private school divisions none of which have more than 20 schools in the division. Sounds like everyone who supports privates want a trophy to me

It's funny I keep seeing private school folks say "Everyone wants the privates out so everyone gets a trophy".. there's 3 private school divisions none of which have more than 20 schools in the division. Sounds like everyone who supports privates want a trophy to me

nope we stayed. U r one that wanted us out.

you did want us out right? So why didn't y'all make it 5 classes now. Hmmmm might have helped all the complaining about the travel??? #

In my opinion, based on things I have read and heard, the publics wanted private schools out because they were tired of losing and felt that private schools had an unfair advanatage. Onviously no one will ever know the "real" reason for the split because no one will admit to being afraid.

Having said that, the best thing for high school football in Tennessee, again my opinion, would be for one division of 6 classes with everyone playing together privates and open enrollment schools get a multiplier (I'm not enough "in the know" to know what the multiplier should actually be.) As I previously stated, I also liked the original posters idea of 2 divisions where the rural schools are split because it is much harder to compete as a rural vs urban.

In regards to the everyone gets a trophy statement, I honestly don't believe that is the case. What it really comes down to is the TSSAA getting more money. More divisions=more playoff games (where TSSAA takes half of all hate money)=more $$$$. I don't think handing out more trophies just to do so is the driving force behind adding more divisions.