9 Classifications in TN football?

owlman1967

Call me crazy, but I believe private schools should play each other for the same title. But there's no point in having 3 divisions for less than 50 teams.

so why doesn't D1 drop 2 5 classes. D1 is watered down and would help on the travel. Ask Adamsville about the travel. Also that private advantage payed off this year with all the hardware they brought home.

The will crazy thing is having this many classes with the amount of schools Tn has. D1 or D2. Personally I believe us staying D1 helps our players. We are now in the toughest region. No complaints here. Strap up and play. I am glad we stayed because in the lower D2 it is weak until u get to middle and east. Will we spoil some public school dreams. I don't know but I do know our kids will work hard no matter who they play. I suggest all the teams do that and not worry about how many classes or D1 or D2. That is what really needs to happen.

4 Classes in public and 1 Class in private.

Think that would be about 73/74 schools in each public class and 50 or so in the private class.

Speaking of privates, will all private schools play there state championship games the same week as the public schools?  If that is correct, what happens where you have 11 schools in the largest private school class?  Double elimination?  LOL.  How will the bracket be set up.  Looks like there could be 2-3 open weeks with only 11 schools, and I'm including byes in that statement.  If that is correct, that is just plain our Forest Gump DUMB to me!

4 Classes in public and 1 Class in private.

Think that would be about 73/74 schools in each public class and 50 or so in the private class.

Speaking of privates, will all private schools play there state championship games the same week as the public schools? If that is correct, what happens where you have 11 schools in the largest private school class? Double elimination? LOL. How will the bracket be set up. Looks like there could be 2-3 open weeks with only 11 schools, and I'm including byes in that statement. If that is correct, that is just plain our Forest Gump DUMB to me!

It has been like that for quite some years in the big privates. Byes first round for the top seeded team and then a bye week before the state championship.

The difference between the best privates and lower level is more of a gap than 6A and 1A. Just simply woudnt be fair or fun. Teams like Zion Christian or Ezell Harding would get actually physically hurt playing a MBA or BA. No disrespect but it would make no sense.

Should go to just one division with 5 classes. The privates should have a multiplier. Simple fix to an apparently complex problem.

It has been like that for quite some years in the big privates. Byes first round for the top seeded team and then a bye week before the state championship.

The difference between the best privates and lower level is more of a gap than 6A and 1A. Just simply woudnt be fair or fun. Teams like Zion Christian or Ezell Harding would get actually physically hurt playing a MBA or BA. No disrespect but it would make no sense.

Should go to just one division with 5 classes. The privates should have a multiplier. Simple fix to an apparently complex problem.

oh that would be to easy. And plus no public would ever win a state championship. Just like this past year. Privates racked up on the gold and silver in their last year in D1

oh that would be to easy. And plus no public would ever win a state championship. Just like this past year. Privates racked up on the gold and silver in their last year in D1

What private won state this year in public?

6A. Whitehaven-Public

5A. Farragut-Public

4A. Memphis East-Public

3A. Alcoa-Public

2A. Trezvant-Public

1A. Dresden-I believe Public?

So what are you talking about?

You have 50 schools in D2, take the top 32.  Why is it fair for all privates going to playoffs, not all public's go?  Don't even mention the Super 32!  That was in the past.  In the past have all privates gone to the playoffs?  Yep.  Will they continue to go to the playoffs?  Yep.

By the way when will they decided to keep the games in Cookeville or move them to Choo-Choo?

You have 50 schools in D2, take the top 32. Why is it fair for all privates going to playoffs, not all public's go? Don't even mention the Super 32! That was in the past. In the past have all privates gone to the playoffs? Yep. Will they continue to go to the playoffs? Yep.

By the way when will they decided to keep the games in Cookeville or move them to Choo-Choo?

Well you clearly don't know what you're talking about. When I was in high school and we played in the big private division not all teams went to the playoffs. In fact we went my junior year and not my senior year. Maybe you should do some research on statements before you make them. Only recently have all privates in the big division gone to the playoffs because the classification shrinks almost every year. (For the record all the teams in the small private division don't go to the playoffs. Is it that hard to do a little research so you don't put your foot in your mouth?)

NO ONE, including my School wants to consistently play a region schedule against the big privates. Those teams are so much beyond 90% of the rest of Tennessee Football. Trust me, winning the big private division with only 11 teams is still harder than winning any other class minus 6A. And that would be pretty darn close.

BA MBA Ensworth are the reason we have a D2 to begin with. MUS, Baylor and McCallie are no joke either.

Now that privates are out don't worry we will have a D3 soon for open zoned schools once people are tired of losing to them.

No Einstein, the reason you have a D2 classification is because M'Boro  schools didn't like losing to BA.  Check out the D2 schools for next year.

D2 - A -> 17 schools

D2 - AA -> 19 schools

D2 - AAA -> 11 schools

Einstein, you tell me what schools are not going to the playoffs from D2 A, AA, AAA.  My education didn't come from Dutchtown Road, but I do understand common sense! Maybe you ought to do some research before you put your ? in your mouth.