Who will be the next HC at David Crockett

Pioneer88

I hear that Scott Smith has a interest? Family in the area? If he wants it I hope he gets it..he loves football and he loves his players. Plus he's a good coach! Good luck Coach Smith!

I'm hearing rumors of a lot of different names. Sort of surprises me Crockett is drawing that much interest. A testament to what Coach Bosken has done there. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

helpful hints to the proable next head fb coach at crockett:

-if you are a db indians fans you will be very happy

-not a certified teacher

-never has been a head football coach

-never been a paid assistant for coaching football,nor a offensive,defensive or special teams coordinator

-only been a volunteer assistant for a very short time, very short

-is a professional bass fisherman as his main job presently

-played professional football, very good player

-very like able guy 

-comes from a very athletic family well known in eastern tennessee

Crockett has been built into a very competitive football team by coach jeremy bosken who when he took over had served as an assistant coach for several years at science hill and also served as a very successful offensive coordinator at a high school  out of state before coming to crockett.  does it not make sense to honor his and his assistant coaches hard work and the players themselves by giving the kids a experienced coach to lead the program.

Any high school football program, especially a 5A program should never  have the settle for a coach who is learning on the fly?

the answer is unfortunately and probably no, in this day and age we go with the big name, the photo op in the paper.  If the person can coach great, if not everyone will learn their lesson and choose better next time.  Never forget it is sometimes about the kids!!!!!! 

-not a certified teacher

-never been a paid assistant for coaching football,nor a offensive,defensive or special teams coordinator

-very like able guy 

Crockett has been built into a very competitive football team by coach jeremy bosken who when he took over had served as an assistant coach for several years at science hill and also served as a very successful offensive coordinator at a high school  out of state before coming to crockett.  does it not make sense to honor his and his assistant coaches hard work and the players themselves by giving the kids a experienced coach to lead the program.

Any high school football program, especially a 5A program should never  have the settle for a coach who is learning on the fly?

the answer is unfortunately and probably no, in this day and age we go with the big name, the photo op in the paper.  If the person can coach great, if not everyone will learn their lesson and choose better next time.  Never forget it is sometimes about the kids!!!!!! 

For a place like David Crockett is that a bad thing? Not trying to be confrontational but with money problems and the program on the rise. Would bringing someone in that has some notoriety be a bad thing? I guest spring practice will tell us all. I'm actually thinking, WATCH OUT FOR THE PIONEERS!!! No one has ever been interested in doing anything for our kids!

thanks for bringing that up thinker, i had never thought of it like that,  What does identifying Crockett as a place like that really mean?  maybe hiring someone famous will help get the facilities upgraded.  However, it also occurs to me that notoriety should be accompanied with hard work, great coaching and experience.  I think the pioneers have a chance to win a lot of games next year and i hope they do.  Also, they do have lots of people that support them. including me. :flower:  

Everyone knows who you're alluding to and from what I've heard he wants very badly to be on the DB coaching staff. Sounds like Crockett wants him more than he wants them. If rumors are true about assistant coaching changes at DB, if they offer him a position there, that's where he'll be.

-not a certified teacher

-very like able guy

Crockett has been built into a very competitive football team by coach jeremy bosken who when he took over had served as an assistant coach for several years at science hill and also served as a very successful offensive coordinator at a high school out of state before coming to crockett. does it not make sense to honor his and his assistant coaches hard work and the players themselves by giving the kids a experienced coach to lead the program.

Any high school football program, especially a 5A program should never have the settle for a coach who is learning on the fly?

the answer is unfortunately and probably no, in this day and age we go with the big name, the photo op in the paper. If the person can coach great, if not everyone will learn their lesson and choose better next time. Never forget it is sometimes about the kids!!!!!!

Well looks like the cats out of the bag. From what I'm hearing its looking like it's pretty much his job.

Well looks like the cats out of the bag. From what I'm hearing its looking like it's pretty much his job.

Well, if he's not a certified teacher, the TSSAA says he needs 5 years of coaching experience to be a head coach in football.  If he doesn't have it, that's a violation.

He sounds like a great guy to have on staff... but also a very, very risky hire as head coach or even coordinator since you're taking a guy who has been a great athlete but handing him a lot of administrative and teaching responsibilities he's never had before.

Sure, he used to run a 4.4 and played on an NFL team, but does he know how to teach a freshman offensive lineman how to block or how to relate to kids and keep them out?  Does he know how to set up the schemes just right on both sides of the ball so they have the answers the team needs, but aren't so complicated they confuse the kids?  How's he going to handle discipline when his best players act entitled and skip weights or practice?  How's he going to handle all the paperwork and fundraising and administrative stuff?  How's he going to assemble and keep a quality coaching staff--one of Bosken's shortcomings at Crockett?  Those are the things a Head Coach has to do.

In the NFL, they don't really teach fundamentals.  They draft or sign guys who are supposed to already have them and then it's just scheme, scheme, scheme every week to get the right matchups and keep from getting beat.  That's why they flip out over small things like whether a QB knows how to take a snap under center or whether a guy can switch from DE to OLB.  In high school, it's the opposite.  You take your best athletes and teach them the game.  Can he do that?

Schools do this sometimes and it's always hit or miss.  If this man gets the Crockett job, I wish him the best of luck, as he seems like a great guy and will probably become a great coach one day.  He sounds like the kind of hire that Washington Co. would want to make right now.  But if what you listed above is true, there are a lot of questions due to his lack of experience and it could go very, very badly.