R'dale-Off season tidbits........

Lost Old Dad

51 minutes ago, warrior82dad said:

This 2017-18 team is in trouble. The positives are the run defense can be outstanding with some improvement but the negatives far outweigh the pluses. The secondary is very weak and can be exploited and teams like Blackman will destroy it. The offense will be improved with another year experience under their belts. The question after watching 3 scrimmages is the play calling. The pro style offensive is questionable. Doing check downs to run off tackle for no gain over and over makes no sense. Scruggs is spark but they seem to be relying on him for the big strike scoring too much. The kicking game once again is horrible on a middle school. For the life of me I don't understand how a school of this size cant find anyone who can kick the ball. But the most troubling thing with this team once again is its lack of drive and discipline. Walking on and off the field and the lack drive in the players is puzzling. It's like they are just going through the motions. The only discipline I see is the screaming coming from the coach without results. I hate to say it but this team is looking at another 5-5 season.

Giving up already? Y'all have scrimmage some nice teams.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, riverdaleman said:

Have you been able to make a game?  I missed this week.  QB I have heard is out for the year.  defense has looked really good.  going to take some time but we are on the right track

Haven't been able to go to any games.  In the last month I have been in St Thomas twice.  Between both times they have given me 8 new pints of blood.  Looking forward to it working so I can go to some.  I REALLY wanted to make the Oakland/Maryville game last week.

Heart is still out of rhythm so my walking endurance is almost at about 75 yards right now.  Still waiting on the heart transplant.

Can you say getting old sucks?  LOL

Congratulations Men.  That's four down and six to go.  Now though there is no more 'easy' games.

You are going to have it tougher week by week.  Oakland and Blackman you know will not be easy.  Evidently Siegel has also learned how to win also.

Suck it up and play HARD!  Make it tougher on your opponents that are taking YOU for granted!