Week of 12/19-12/24

WrestlingGod

Glad to see that mommas come around to Daddy's way of thinking. I been tell you all this for weeks.

and i agree. Have agreed with you on that since day 1 my friend. Them and McCallie are the top dogs in D2 this year. Ive had them in my top 5 or 6 overall all season. People will see..just wait til february. The Bros are definetely back Edited by Bump11

Anyone that understands D2 wrestling has been predicting CBHS would be strong at both the 2017 & 2018 state tournaments for the past several years due to how strong their middle school program was with those kids. Let's not forget that they had a potential state champion move to Nashville where he is now wrestling for MBA and a state champion from last season that has not wrestled this season. How good would they be with those two individuals in the lineup?

Great Middle School program in Memphis for the Brothers!

Did the former wrestler from CBHS look at Ryan to continue his wrestling career?

Who are the best HW's ever in Tennessee?  I would put Bubba Miller (Brentwood Academy, University of Tennessee & NFL) and Scott Wells (Brentwood Academy, University of Tennessee & NFL) against anyone in the past 30 years.  Pat Murphy (Hixon) was small but could wrestle with the big guys.

On another note is anyone having practice Christmas afternoon or has everyone canceled that  in favor of being politically correct?  I remember how Dan Gable and a handful of Tennessee high schools would practice on Christmas to get an edge on the competition. 

Edited by cbg

Who are the best HW's ever in Tennessee?  I would put Bubba Miller (Brentwood Academy, University of Tennessee & NFL) and Scott Wells (Brentwood Academy, University of Tennessee & NFL) against anyone in the past 30 years.  Pat Murphy (Hixon) was small but could wrestle with the big guys.

On another note is anyone having practice Christmas afternoon or has everyone canceled that  in favor of being politically correct?  I remember how Dan Gable and a handful of Tennessee high schools would practice on Christmas to get an edge on the competition. 

Nick was the first ever double fargo champ from TN and is going to the OTC. That's pretty stinkin credentialed too.

Nick was the first ever double fargo champ from TN and is going to the OTC. That's pretty stinkin credentialed too.

SCOTT WELLS … Brentwood Academy … 2x state champ; 1998-99 … ’98 OW … 4x cadet national champion at Fargo; 2x in Greco/Roman and 2x in Freestyle … undefeated two seasons in Tenn.

Wow, that's pretty impressive.  My guess is that was before the split too?????

Before the split you had to place top 4 in your district to qualify for region, then top four in the region to qualify for state, (No double elimination)  There were no "give me's" or bye's  Now,  every year a private school kid places in the "State"  with out winning a match.  

Example:   106#  Private school wrestled 2 matches to become state champ, no qualifying tournament. , D1 small- 4 matches to become state champ.  D1 6 matches to become state champ and had to place in top 4 in region to qualify.. .total 9 matches to become state champ

113#  D2 - 2 matches to become state champ, no qualifying tournament.  D1 small school, 4 matches to become state champ,  D1 six matches to become state champ and had to qualify as top for in regions...total 9 matches to become state champ. PS:  D2 2 time state champ got pinned by #1, #5  and #8 from D1 during season.

Hwy:  D2,  3 matches to become state champ, no qualifying tournament.  D1 small school, 3 matches to become state champ,  D1 six matches to become state champ and had to qualify as top for in regions...total 8 matches to become state champ.   Would not place in combined tournament.

This is NOT a slam on D2, I think they would like to see it all back together more than anyone, except maybe McCallie.  These are simply the facts.  Wrestling in D2 gives everyone a medal basically for participation.  75% plus of the overall kids entering the tournament get a medal.  We have become a society of rewarding kids for participation. The beauty of wrestling has always been that it teaches kids to reach higher, life is competitive.  not everyone wins all the time, if you want to win....work harder than your opponent.  

Let;s have one tournament with the true champ!

TD2 interesting you bring of D2 giving participation medals out... wasn't this the reason why the split of aa and aaa recently? I mean they just watered D1 even more then before from dual and traditional state... I hope in my life time that they will at least have a d1 vs d2 wrestle each other in a dual to see the outcome every year.. I know it will never happen but wishful thinking lol....