Can we start the Gary Rankin to Maryville thread yet ?

Bravey

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to ask a lot of people for opinions about who the next coach should be. I am confident the system could go out and get a quality coach from outside the staff. It is a very good job. But 98% say it should be an internal hire. They should probably interview from everywhere just to get the pulse on the program from outside, but ultimately go with the masses and name an asst as the next guy.

Would Fulmer take it?

Edited by strongx

I've got to ask a lot of people for opinions about who the next coach should be. I am confident the system could go out and get a quality coach from outside the staff. It is a very good job. But 98% say it should be an internal hire. They should probably interview from everywhere just to get the pulse on the program from outside, but ultimately go with the masses and name an asst as the next guy.

Would Fulmer take it?

You have already run off one coach by putting for sale signs in his yard. If not mistaken Fulmer is a close neighbor what would be his punishment for not winning state next year?😀 Edited by MountainRebel

You have already run off one coach by putting for sale signs in his yard. If not mistaken Fulmer is a close neighbor what would be his punishment for not winning state next year?😀

Fairly certain Coach Phil has had the moving truck treatment before. So there would need to be some serious thought put into that one. Time is running out for Fulmer at murvil and Spurrior at Science Hill. Might get that game on local tv!

I know u can buddy. How's wrestling going?

Gotta get a few kids healthy. Glad to know though I'll get to coach JQ a little while longer before he moves on with GQ after the school year. I tell GQ all the time he's raised that boy right. He's gotten his tail kicked a few times but has come back to win some he should have lost. He'll be a good one if he sticks with it, at least in SC he won't have such a target on his back. I feel some of the coaches around here have put their best kids up against him to prove some kind of point.

First off, This fan is not even remotely intrested in Rankin. I hate it that the QG Era is over, but I understand life and everything comes to an end. I love what the guy did for the youth who filtered through the program under this fine man. My sons all played for GQ and are better men now because of it after football. I don't even have a guess who the next head coach is going to be but I don't it will be D Hunt. He's a bit young for a program of Maryville's stature but is a fine young man. I wouldn't be surprised if Coach Ellis retired. He could easly be the head guy but this might a good time for him to step away and I would hate that too.

I wish Coach Quarles and his family the best at the next level. What has been accomplished here at Maryville has not been done anywhere and I doubt it will be done again anywhere. It's been a blessing to be apart of and a fan during GQ's era.

After meeting Derek and seeing him in action I must say I'm a big fan of his. If he doesn't meet Samson standards I think he'd look great in purple :D

There is the problem of giving it to another coach.....I think you go with Derek or you risk losing him to another school. The question is how long does he wait to take a HC position if he is passed over on this one . Because I can tell you that other teams will line up and have him on the top of their wish list as their schools have HC openings. I know he is Maryville deep down and it would take a perfect opportunity to pull him away but why would MHS take that chance of losing him (even if that chance is very slim)

Edited by Frid8yn9tlites

There is the problem of giving it to another coach.....I think you go with Derek or you risk losing him to another school. The question is how long does he wait to take a HC position if he is passed over on this one . Because I can tell you that other teams will line up and have him on the top of their wish list as their schools have HC openings. I know he is Maryville deep down and it would take a perfect opportunity to pull him away but why would MHS take that chance of losing him (even if that chance is very slim)

His age seems to be a concern some, but I know for a fact schools have come after him two years ago. The man is Football-wise beyond his years.

Totally agree.