OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

We have a balanced calendar at MCS but school was out on May 25.

Maryville doesn't get 2 full weeks off for both fall and spring breaks, to my knowledge; they get a week and a half for each. OR also has more than 180 instructional days (I think they have around 185), so that would explain the 2-week difference.

Edited by osunut2

Tee Higgins needs a larger bedroom...Last night, the Clemson recruit picked up two more honors at the Knoxville News-Sentinel's Prep Sports Awards. The three time high school All-American and two time Tennessee Class 5-A Back of the Year Mr. Football winner was selected as Best Football Player and Boys Athlete of the Year.

In case you haven't following Clemson football news, they are expecting big things from Tee the moment he steps on campus. I read one article where they speculate that Tee will be the teams number one wide receiver after the very first practice. This on a team that has several wide receivers who played and excelled in the 2017 National Championship game. Tee will certainly feel all eyes on him. I think the Clemson insiders seem to forget is who will throw him the football. Watson is gone and the upperclassmen QBs have very little experience. There is chatter that the starting QB could end up being a true freshmen like Tee. Number 5 is extremely talented but he has to have a great QB tossing him the ball in order to really shine.

Also, getting a lot of attention at WR is Knoxville Catholic's Amari Rodgers. He is being counted on to play a lot after the first few games. Oh, his little brother, is a 14 year old QB in Florida and already has a scholarship offer from the University of Tennessee's greatest coach of all time Lane Kippen ( LOL). In case you didn't know they are the children of a real Tennessee hero Tee Martin.

Edited by WillieTheWildcat

Caleb Martin has received his sixth offer. This one is from Tennessee Tech.

Still waiting on UTC is offer.

Guess where Caleb spent this week??? At Finley Stadium, home of the UTC Mocs participating in their football camp. An offer should be coming soon, I hope. Of course, if Caleb has  a great senior year I can kiss him coming to Chattanooga goodbye.

RWR!

I am bored because nobody is posting but me.

I am still wondering if we will lose a coach this summer.

I hope that everybody is healthy and enjoying themselves. I have convinced myself that our OL/DL lines will do the job this season. Better to be optimistic than run down kids trying their best.

***** I edited this post to take  out some very poor chosen words. You can still read them in another post though. I apologize to the poster I referred to. I joke on here and that was not funny at all. Sorry.*****

Edited by WillieTheWildcat