OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

I am bored because nobody is posting but me. When does that turd Run with Blade Scissors usually come back to act like an #### on here?

Now, if that doesn't flush his sorry butt out, what will? I am just kidding, I could care less about him but I do wish more people would post.

I am still wondering if we will lose a coach this summer.

I hope that everybody is healthy and enjoying themselves. I have convinced myself that our OL/DL lines will do the job this season. Better to be optimistic than run down kids trying their best.

Why do you think we'll lose a coach this summer? What have you heard? Who is it? I drove by the school this morning and saw a bunch of guys out on the track and the field. Not sure if it was freshmen, JV, or varsity. My concern about our lines doesn't mean I'm running them down but I'm just worried.

Extremely poor scheduling by Gaddis. You lose Tee and Clark, you have inexperienced lines, and you turn around and schedule the start of the season with HVA, DB, Farragut, CC, and West. That's ridiculous.

We asked for a tougher schedule, and we got it...a really tough one.

Why do you think we'll lose a coach this summer? What have you heard? Who is it? I drove by the school this morning and saw a bunch of guys out on the track and the field. Not sure if it was freshmen, JV, or varsity. My concern about our lines doesn't mean I'm running them down but I'm just worried.

First, I am sorry if you felt I was running  you down in particular. It was not my intent. I fully understand a lot of people are concerned and are better Wildcat fans than me.

Alright, I come clean a little on my coach comment. A person said they needed a fresh start at a different school. When I inquired for more information I was not given an answer. I posted hoping somebody knew on here but if they do they are not saying. I will come completely clean on who I am talking about once practice for the season starts.

Extremely poor scheduling by Gaddis. You lose Tee and Clark, you have inexperienced lines, and you turn around and schedule the start of the season with HVA, DB, Farragut, CC, and West. That's ridiculous.

THANK YOU catswild and froshpop for posting.

I agree with the both of you that are schedule is tough. I disagree somewhat with catswild's Gaddis comment. Coach Gaddis is only responsible for the games against Farragut and DB. He actively sought them out and agreed to play them the weeks we have them scheduled. If we didn't schedule Farragut A LOT of people would be rightfully angry. The same could be said of DB for the ost part.

The games against Hardin Valley, Campbell County and West were set by the TSSAA or someone at the Region/District level. Coach Gaddis had nothing to do with those. If my facts are wrong, please let me know.

The one thing we all agree on is this is going to be a beast of a schedule. A schedule the will force the team to get better EACH week or our season will quickly go down the drain. In recent years the team hasn't had to step it up each week no matter how hard the coaches pushed them. I think this schedule will be good for the players during the season and post season if we have one.

Caleb twitted he enjoyed his camp visit to Western Kentucky. These camps he is going to our really paying off for him, I just hope he and Johnny Stewart are working out togerther for the good of the team.

Offer # 8 for Caleb Martin is from Eastern Kentucky University. One of my nephews goes their majoring in arson investigation or something like that. He also a volunteer fire fighter for the Marlow community. I am very proud of his dedication to others and his courage. Go Joe.

WHAT'S GOOD WILDCAT WILLIE! WHAT YAL GOT FOR 2017?

Well, thanks for asking PA, good to see you survived the winter months.

First, we return Jordan Graham at RB. He will be a junior this year and has the speed, strength and balance to be All-State. Senior WR Caleb Martin has 8 scholarship offers so far. He is being counted to soften the loss of Tee Higgins. Returning starting QB Johnny Stewart, Tee's cousin, should be able to run the offense effectively. He is quick and an ok passer. Personally, I like him and think he will do good. We have several more weapons on offense and any one of them could have a break out season.

On defense, I guess our strength is the DBs. These are the same guys who could make an impact on offense. I believe we have some players who can do the job from the LB position.

Our returning PK is very talented and should continue to get more consistent this year.

The OL and DL are what keeps us awake at night. Very little experience coming back and not a large number of players to work with. I maybe fooling myself but I think the lines will be okay after the first several games. We need to be patient with them.

That is all I have on the team. We will lose several games with the schedule we have but should make the playoffs. I hope the more knowledgeable OR posters will respond and give you a better run down on the Wildcats. I live in Hixson and a lot of my thoughts are not based on very in depth info. Good luck to the Owls this season.

Talk to your players today and you guys will not trick us on this offensive line crap. Players say you lost your center but two of your best lineman are returning. The guys that are being replaced where former WR the year before. The guys replacing them are bigger. One kid is 6'5 former BBall player. YOUR players say they are deeper than they've been. Plus you got Graham and Jackson. Graham was hurt most of year in track. He seemed to have a gimp in his leg in MBoro. He looks bigger too.

Talk to your players today and you guys will not trick us on this offensive line crap. Players say you lost your center but two of your best lineman are returning. The guys that are being replaced where former WR the year before. The guys replacing them are bigger. One kid is 6'5 former BBall player. YOUR players say they are deeper than they've been. Plus you got Graham and Jackson. Graham was hurt most of year in track. He seemed to have a gimp in his leg in MBoro. He looks bigger too.

I certainly wasn't trying to pull a Lou Holts....this time LOL. I love what you had to say GI Joe. It fired me up. Best of luck to your team this season, it won't be long still it is here.

Very sad news out of Campbell County today. Their biggest fan ED WOODS passed away and will be missed by all prep football loving fans. Sometime you hear about a fan who gets the love of a high school in their blood and they just never get over it. I think it is called being true to your school. I call it LOYALTY. Pray for Cougar Nation.

RWR!

Edited by WillieTheWildcat

Your information is tainted...I hope our lines are better than I expect but we appear to have major problems up front. The big guy you mention, according to what our players say, has NEVER played football. I doubt HVA, Farragut, or DB has anyone starting up front who has NEVER played. Our guy may turn out to be great, but he has ZERO experience. Our depth is scary. Graham is a stud but I keep hearing Jackson isn't playing but I'm not sure why he isn't.