District 4-A

kazam37

I'm with you. It's a down year for the region no matter how you look at it. Fewer standout players as well. Most talent is young and not fully developed yet.

3A wins the region but will not sweep. 3A is down except for Meigs. Oneida wins 4A, should be those 2 in Region championship. Will be lucky to go much farther. Sub-state goes through SG or Northview Academy. Whoever finishes 2nd is officially done. SG is loaded. Edited by MartianMan

That is what I am hearing.  SG is like a monster and their team is still quite young.  Their best player is a Junior.  Almost unstoppable at the rim.....only way to beat them is if you keep her away from the paint and their shots are off.....otherwise your going to get stomped. 

As I said before, I wasn't at OS and I am not questioning their win because Suttles hit the FT's in that situation.  Just looking for some perspective.  Oneida managed to recover and handle Sunbright in a game they entering with a little less confidence.  Made for a prime spot to put them in a deeper hole, but they responded nicely.  Coalfield on Friday looms large as we starting to creep towards the end of the regular season.

Kazzeter

Top of the girls will come down to the last week of the season IMO. Oneida is the most talented. However, Wartburg, OS, Coalfield, and Oneida can all beat each other on any given night. I'm playing it safe and saying Oneida will win the regular season title, but its definitely not set in stone. I also believe Sunbright will sneak up and beat one of the top teams. They're the team I don't want to see first round of the tournament.

Sunbright may have let their chance to beat a top team slip away tonight. Hosted OS, who was without two starters, and fresh off a 20 point loss to Union County. SB got up on them in the first half and held a multi-score lead over the Bobcats until late in the fourth. Sunbright went 6:10 without scoring in the fourth quarter. Also had a chance to score at the end, but a pass got fumbled and Sunbright didn't get a good shot off. 37-36 OS. OS survives a big scare to stay in the hunt for the regular season championship.

Still wouldn't want to see Sunbright first round of the tournament. 

And farther North.......Oneida blistered Coalfield.  I truthfully was expecting a tight and tense game but came away thinking either Coalfield was way over rated or just failed to show up?  Oneida finding their three point range early was big.  I can't even remember the score but after the 1st quarter my thought was not who was going to win but by how much....?

KaKa

And farther North.......Oneida blistered Coalfield.  I truthfully was expecting a tight and tense game but came away thinking either Coalfield was way over rated or just failed to show up?  Oneida finding their three point range early was big.  I can't even remember the score but after the 1st quarter my thought was not who was going to win but by how much....?

I don't think CF was overrated, because it's been obvious all season they they are more miss than hit. One good player...some decent ones. Very sketchy at times. Zero post play...ever. Couple of returning players that just don't compete night in and night out. Benched some last night and started three freshman...played much better(harder)in beating OS. The freshmen always play harder than some of the others....id keep it that way for a while.

KaKa

They have some excellent players. Two of them are very good. Maybe we just caught them on an off night? At any rate, if they turned around and beat OS after the Oneida game....they did us two nice favors.

Kazzy

They don't bring intensity and effort every night. When they do they're right there at the top of the district but when they don't it's like what you witnessed Friday.

They have some excellent players.  Two of them are very good.  Maybe we just caught them on an off night?  At any rate, if they turned around and beat OS after the Oneida game....they did us two nice favors.

Kazzy

They certainly have the players....(expect for zero post play) to win more than they have in d4 this year and they have the coaching. But when you have a couple kids that you need to really get after it and they don't.... Then they become very average very quickly. They just aren't talented enough to coast through on most nights. Some kids never figure out the attitude and effort variable.... That should be the easiest one. It's one thing if you have a roster to park them at the end of the bench... But if you don't have a roster to do that...then what? I guess you start three freshmen and hope it helps the others in the attitude/effort variable.

Edited by CAH09