District 4-A

kazam37

Defensively Oneida is very strong....I'm sure they will throw multiple players at TP's strongest player.  They also can shoot the 3 ball, with any one of several players......I believe they have as many as 9 players with at least one 3 this year.  They are pretty good around the rim too.  They have plenty of excellent players just no superstar....any on of them can get hot.

Kaz

They may not have a "superstar" and they may not be as good as last years Oneida team. However they do have the district's Co-POY (Thomas) and she has had a heck of a senior season. She has been a rebounding machine this year and can get to the basket pretty well.

Oneida hasn't really had a "superstar" since Branae Laxton graduated....they have certainly had plenty of fine players.  Sometimes having a great team is way better than having a great individual.  Of course it helps when someone drives the ship....!

kaz

I thought the Jackson girl was pretty darn good I think that's her last name anyway

Jackson was a fine player.  Some have gone on to have good college careers (as she did), but the mark of a great player is sometimes relative to the distance that player can advance in the playoffs.  Of course that doesn't mean there hasn't been players that were considered great that did not help their teams go deep into the post season....it just seems (to me) to be one of the marks of a truly great player.  Laxton was seriously the defining player on the Oneida State Championship Team, and the players around her were solid/well coached players that knew their roles.  Jackson and some other players at Oneida were certainly very good players that anyone would have loved on their team and obviously you build around those type players.

On a side note.....I managed to call the games pretty accurately.  How do you all think the semi finals will go tonight?  I would like to see Oneida over Wartburg and Meigs over GCA.  Both have arguably been the best two teams this year and they will give each other some problems with the players they have on the floor.

Kazam

This could end up being a fabulous game unless the Lady Indians have gotten in Wartburg"s head.  I think Meigs will beat GCA by at least a touchdown and FG.  Oneida pulls away in the end for a two touchdown win. (yeah I am going to get hammered for that prediction.....but I got faith in the girls.

Kazaloo

This could end up being a fabulous game unless the Lady Indians have gotten in Wartburg"s head.  I think Meigs will beat GCA by at least a touchdown and FG.  Oneida pulls away in the end for a two touchdown win. (yeah I am going to get hammered for that prediction.....but I got faith in the girls.

Kazaloo

Good luck to you,re Gals Kaz. I even like Squaws.lol

Kazaloo

No way they get Wartburg by 14  this will be 8 points or less either way

Kazaloo

No way they get Wartburg by 14  this will be 8 points or less either way

14 exactly. Nice work. Do you have a crystal ball for the champ game, Kaz?

I have no crystal ball, only going by what I see.  Meigs Co. has some good pieces.....Oneida has some good pieces and if they both come to play it should be a fun game to watch.  Of course I am leaning heavily towards my home town girls.  Both teams are probably not as good as the previous group but you can tell they carry themselves like winning programs.  They both showed some vurnerability although Oneida got their ship righted a little better in the end.  Meigs needed one of their strongest players to make a play in the end (she came up big with the turnover) and then made both of her free throws on the other end.  If GCA had needed two points there.....the guards would have at least made it an interesting trip to the rim. 

I'm no expert at all.....the team that comes to play can surely win this championship.

Kazam