State Duals - Pick 'em

humorwrestling

Ok obviously we were watching two different duals. I guarantee you that kid was not running from anyone. If that last take down was in the middle of the mat a pin would have occurred. Why don't you watch the stream and see how just about every SH kid would make sure every match was wrestled beat the OB line. Obviously SH's 52 was good on his feet, not to mention the younger kid was giving up more than 10lbs. So why on earth would he go at him like a mad man. Also if you watch again THS's 52 took his fair share of shots and definitely didn't stall the whole third period, JS! I would guarantee you that just about every match was wrestled on the edge of the mat. Smart move by SH. Never once was an excuse made SH wrestled great and smart. Was just saying one match can sometimes change momentum. No reason to get all upset! Definitely not taking anything away from SH's 52, good wrestler and more importantly great kid

If I was on the other side of that with a freshman bumped up against a state medalist, I would be happy with that score. He did his job in keeping it close and keeping us out of bonus. Definitely would not chalk that one up as a swing match.

It has been said that each team did not wrestle their best. But I think the real fact is that the unproven kids just wrestled great and sometimes above their heads! Ferguson, Johnson and Harter did a great job for TN High against already proven kids and Diehl and Medina did the same for SH against already proven kids. The young unproven kids stepped up for each team and made the proven kids look off their game!

Yes. It is what it is. Leave it at that and show up on Thursday. A couple TN High fans on here keep saying "not to make any excuses" but then are making excuses. I promise you there were zero posts on here with excuses the two times TN High beat us last season and won't be if we lose next time.... I was going to let all this go until you mentioned the 152 match. That is a heck of a stretch to say "if he pulls that one out". It was evident (even to the ref) that the job of TN High's 152 was to keep it close and not give up bonus. SH chased him all over the mat in a strong attempt to get the major for 5 minutes. Can't blame him for being a little tired on bottom when TN High finally was able to get on top for the last minute. But he was never close to turning SH so I'm sure the TN High coaches are just glad he didn't get majored.... And by the way, just because a kid is good on top doesn't mean the kid on bottom is stalling.

And seriously?? The pictures?! In the NFL, if you start early, you lose 5 yards immediately!... In wresting, you get 2 freebees before you give up a point. That was an UTB situation. A jump of the whistle is a huge deal! You can't move before the whistle. It doesn't matter what his hand is doing. He jumped the whistle three times, he losses a point. That is not the refs fault. That is the wrestler's fault. It was a mistake because the kid was nervous. We had a 152 lose a state medal because of that a few years ago and it was his fault he couldn't wait until the whistle. How can you blame the ref on that? You are making TN High fans look silly right now.

At a high level, the dual team that wins is the one that wrestled their best that day. We have lost to both Independence and Arlington this year. No excuses. No "what ifs". They wrestled better that day. They beat us. We are just focused on not letting that happen if we run into them again.

Actually Mr. King, you are the one making yourself look silly.  Your lack of class always seems to shine through.  I haven't seen any of the THS fans attacking you or your wrestlers but then you want to cast stones with your comments about THS fans looking silly. 

So tell me, how does one that is hearing impaired compete in the sport of wrestling?  The NFHS created hand signals for them and just such as occasion where a whistle cannot be heard.  Take a look below and you will see the proper hand signal given to start a match.  This is from the NFSH rulebook.  In addition, the whistle is an audible signal that should be simultaneous with the hand signal.  And since you want to go NFL analogy, a lineman is not allowed to draw the defense offsides with hand gestures. 

I wasn't taking anything away from your kid, he might have rode out and won the match anyway, my point was that the officiating was not good.  As I also said before it didn't decide the match but it wasn't good.  Are you seriously saying otherwise???  If so, then I lose a lot of respect for you. 

Ref_call.jpg

Edited by 1993Viking

My lack of class always seems to shine through? Really? I feel like I am being pretty civil about this. I have not attacked anyone. I have not attacking any of the kids or fans at all. Everyone knows I am a big fan of everyone in Bristol. I just wish that you all would let it be and let the kids wrestle. If my parents were posting excuses and pictures like this I would think it would be making them look silly as well. There's no need for it.... the hand signal statement is a good point, but that wrestler was not hearing impaired. He has to wait until the whistle. This should not be blamed on the referee.

I apologize if you believe I am being classless. That is not me or my intention at all. I have stayed off here all season until we proved ourselves. We proved ourselves with a big win against a tough team and I feel like it is being belittled by complaints of the referee. I just want my kids to get the respect they deserve.

I have said my peace about the match. I will disappear back into the shadows now and prepare for the rematch next Thursday. See you in The Palace!

Edited by KingGreene

My lack of class always seems to shine through? Really? I feel like I am being pretty civil about this. I have not attacked anyone. I have not attacking any of the kids or fans at all. Everyone knows I am a big fan of everyone in Bristol. I just wish that you all would let it be and let the kids wrestle. If my parents were posting excuses and pictures like this I would think it would be making them look silly as well. There's no need for it.... the hand signal statement is a good point, but that wrestler was not hearing impaired. He has to wait until the whistle. This should not be blamed on the referee.

I apologize if you believe I am being classless. That is not me or my intention at all. I have stayed off here all season until we proved ourselves. We proved ourselves with a big win against a tough team and I feel like it is being belittled by complaints of the referee. I just want my kids to get the respect they deserve.

I have said my peace about the match. I will disappear back into the shadows now and prepare for the rematch next Thursday. See you in The Palace!

Its probably best that you do, you put yourself out there and when you do you have to have big shoulders to carry the weight.

I love your support of the Region 1 refs, very commendable.  But now that you have set the standard, don't let me hear tell of you complaining about a call from them.  Wouldn't want you to "look silly" 

Yeah, it was a great match with questionable calls on  both sides and several matches that could be flipped both ways next time, but everybody needs to remember one thing.

We compromise the beauty of what happened last night if we make excuses. 

And KG is right. If we are on the wrong end of the score next week, there won't be any excuses coming from our camp. Just respect. 

Yeah, it was a great match with questionable calls on  both sides and several matches that could be flipped both ways next time, but everybody needs to remember one thing.

We compromise the beauty of what happened last night if we make excuses. 

And KG is right. If we are on the wrong end of the score next week, there won't be any excuses coming from our camp. Just respect. 

Artus it seems you have some highly opinionated coaches up there.  Are your boys ready to come to Memphis this weekend and back up that talk?