AA Sectional 2017

kazam37

OK......new year.  Anyone want to give some insight on who might make it to this years tournament?  I'm just making a shout into the dark since this never produces too much chatter.  Would love to know any teams that are in this years tournament and how you think it will play out.  Holston was the cream of the crop last year.....will they be back?  Good luck out there.

Kaz

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure wish someone from any of the other areas would spill a little knowledge.  Some will say they did not know about this board and that they can post but that isn't a very legit excuse.  I have no interest in what teams run or how good/bad they are.....but it would be nice to know who is dancing before it starts.  Our area will either be Huntsville, Oneida, Norris, or Soldiers Memorial and none of there semifinals have been played.  Can't say what order they will finish in tournament, got to play well to keep it going.

Kazzy

With 58 views, my guess is there are more than a few people who just choose to keep their schools hidden.  Getting anything out of the Great Northeast is like trying to extract gold out of a farm pond.  Fortunately last year, Holston's team pretty much announced themselves the previous year and everyone knew they would be back.  That team graduated a lot.....are they still in it?  How about the Roane County teams or those around Sevierville?  I have gotten some chat about Northview and New Center.....Maybe Wartburg, OS, and Rockwood/Harriman?  Sheesh....and don't get me started on Newspapers, since they seldom bother with middle school sports.

Khan

Is Soldiers Memorial definitely in the final four of area 2?  I looked at this link, http://hms.scottcounty.net/images/pdf_files/pdf_16-17/sports-schedules/2016-17_tmsaa-area-2-aa-district-tournament-bracket.pdf, and it shows that HY Livesay defeated Soldiers in the quarterfinals.  Just wondering.  For all I know, the page I looked at is incorrect.  As far as area 3 goes, Northview, Pigeon Forge, and New Center (in that order) are the top three seeds in that tournament.  Pigeon Forge and New Center split head-to-head in the season, but Pigeon Forge got the tiebreaker based on a number draw at beginning of the season.

Info filtering in from other areas.  Wartburg, OS, and Lenior City from down in that area.  Holston, Jonesboro, and Happy Valley,,,,?  Northview, PF, and New Center.....?  Oneida, Huntsville, and winner of Norris/SMMS.  Of course none of this is accurate....but it appears several of these teams will be present in the girls division. 

Kazzama