Top 1A teams

team69

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotts Hill: defending state champs and return the 1A Player of the Year Evan Russell.

Lorreto: Returns their entire team, and they are loaded with arms with Weathers leading the charge.

Columbia Academy: Are getting better and better each year. Coach Esteep does a phenomenal job.

Jackson Christian: They are in the mix every year, should not change.

Knoxville Grace: They have been a fixture in Murfreesboro the past few years with runner-up last year and state champs in 2015.

Goodpasture: They are a staple in Murfreesboro, and return several good bats, pitching might be a concern.

Gordonsville: Made it last year and return almost their entire team.

East Robertson: They have the arms to break through this year, just need to find a way to break through.

Boyd Buchanan: Missed it last year, but have been a main stay for many years, and they return a strong nucleus.

Forrest: They are always a factor in the tournament, but must replace Alex Brewer.

Summertown: Traditional power missed the tournament last year, but will bounce back.

South Pitt: Returns a lot of players off last years team with some strong arms and a great transfer.

Watertown: Could be a dark horse with Price and a Senior heavy team.

These are just some of the teams, it is usually the same 6 or seven teams in the tournament every year, and several of the teams listed will have to beat each other to get to Murfreesboro, next year will be very interesting with many of the teams on the list moving to D2 or up in class.

Scott's Hill should be very Competitive, they should hit and play defense. They Lost 2 very good ball players from last years team. They have a very athletic kid coming back from an injury that should help a lot in the top of the order. They have a really good shot at making it back to the BORO. As we all know it takes a lot of things to happen to do that. VERY SOLID CLUB. Should be a Contender...I look for Lorreto to be a As Well..Don't ever count out JCS...they have a Huge arm in Carter Holt...Riverside,Peabody,Gibson County will probaly be solid as well as others. Whomever Comes out of the West will have earned it...Can't wait...Son's Senior year and hoping for FUN year.. GREATEST GAME in the World....play hard and leave it on the FIELD....

Have a great young team !!!!!

I think they definitely be in the mix the next 3 years .....last years freshman class impressed on the diamond (along with the rest of the team). Glad to see Greenback on Alcoa's schedule again this season.

Lost to a good Meigs team in District tourn after beating them twice during during he season and lost to GCA by four and 1.A friend from GCA told me that this GB team should win it all,so we shall see.

Coalfield returns essentially everyone from a 4a championship team and will add a couple of very good players this year as well. Sounds like it's the best group they've had since last state tourney appearance. The Morgan kid gives them a chance against most anyone if they can score a few runs. Tough to beat GCA, but 4a puts the occasional team in the state tourney.

Lost to a good Meigs team in District tourn after beating them twice during during he season and lost to GCA by four and 1.A friend from GCA told me that this GB team should win it all,so we shall see.

Pride doesn't know anything about baseball....you should know that. All kidding aside, I've got a soph that better step up bigtime, along with all of his young teammates, if Rams are going to keep the train rolling. We lost an incredible senior class last year. New arms and leaders must emerge from a very young group. Several D3A teams are going to be much better this year, Gback being the best of the bunch. They're absolutely loaded! But, that's why they play the games. The Rams will be tested by their always loaded schedule by tourney time. Good luck to all in D-3A. I'm hoping two teams can make it to the Murf like last year.....the Rams and maybe Gback or Meigs.

Pride doesn't know anything about baseball....you should know that. All kidding aside, I've got a soph that better step up bigtime, along with all of his young teammates, if Rams are going to keep the train rolling. We lost an incredible senior class last year. New arms and leaders must emerge from a very young group. Several D3A teams are going to be much better this year, Gback being the best of the bunch. They're absolutely loaded! But, that's why they play the games. The Rams will be tested by their always loaded schedule by tourney time. Good luck to all in D-3A. I'm hoping two teams can make it to the Murf like last year.....the Rams and maybe Gback or Meigs.

I said a friend of mine!LOL!!

• 2 weeks later...

Coalfield returns essentially everyone from a 4a championship team and will add a couple of very good players this year as well. Sounds like it's the best group they've had since last state tourney appearance. The Morgan kid gives them a chance against most anyone if they can score a few runs. Tough to beat GCA, but 4a puts the occasional team in the state tourney.

If CF can get kids like McKinney, and Lowe on the field they could be a potentially dangerous team. Got any word on how D4A will be this year?

If CF can get kids like McKinney, and Lowe on the field they could be a potentially dangerous team. Got any word on how D4A will be this year?

looks like as defending champion, and most everyone returning, CF is the team to beat. Oneida probably top challenger... Unclear after that.