Class A Miss Basketball Nominations

CoachT

Not trying to start a back and forth with you but stats don't win the award. Scotts Hill had an amazing young lady graduate a while back with virtually 3,000 points (2,998-2,999), with monster rebound and assist stats...voted final three in both her junior and senior seasons, "losing" to different winners, and went on to lead Union University to a national championship or two. If she were chosen no one could have argued against, but she was not...she also led the state in stats. One of the other ladies that was named Miss Basketball also played at Union...never had the success that her runner up achieved. The difference was where they played...the winner's school had already produced two or three Miss Basketball winners, and had an amazing run of state championship teams prior to her career there. The year before (junior season), the winner of the award's team and Scotts Hill played a home and home...both were close games but she outplayed the winner badly in one game and comfortably in the other. Lot's of factors are involved in naming Miss Basketball...stats are important, but not the determining factor. 

:thumb: 

Not trying to start a back and forth with you but stats don't win the award. Scotts Hill had an amazing young lady graduate a while back with virtually 3,000 points (2,998-2,999), with monster rebound and assist stats...voted final three in both her junior and senior seasons, "losing" to different winners, and went on to lead Union University to a national championship or two. If she were chosen no one could have argued against, but she was not...she also led the state in stats. One of the other ladies that was named Miss Basketball also played at Union...never had the success that her runner up achieved. The difference was where they played...the winner's school had already produced two or three Miss Basketball winners, and had an amazing run of state championship teams prior to her career there. The year before (junior season), the winner of the award's team and Scotts Hill played a home and home...both were close games but she outplayed the winner badly in one game and comfortably in the other. Lot's of factors are involved in naming Miss Basketball...stats are important, but not the determining factor.

Ditto

I do agree that a great deal of the process is political. I was just trying to make a case that the stats should be strongly considered in the decision. Sometimes it seems stats aren't a consideration but where you are from is a big factor or who your coached by is more important. There are several young ladies that deserve to be recognized. If I had a vote, mine would go to Ali Golden for Class A Miss Basketball.

Taylor Lamb - South Greene

Mary Grace Davis - Dresden

Chelsea Perry - Middleton

Nice try for recognition but seriously, Davis (Dresden) arguably isn't the best player on her team, much less district, and forget region. Nice kid though, who WILL make the All-District team, but we're talking about Miss Basketball. Use your head and not your heart. She's NOT the best player in single A by far. I do applaud your effort though.

• 1 month later...

Nice try for recognition but seriously, Davis (Dresden) arguably isn't the best player on her team, much less district, and forget region. Nice kid though, who WILL make the All-District team, but we're talking about Miss Basketball. Use your head and not your heart. She's NOT the best player in single A by far. I do applaud your effort though.

Laker(20-45) you need to do a little more stat checking and watching of games before you comment. Davis' stats are in the same mix with the ones listed in this forum for the 2016-17 season and defended the Sun's proclaimed best in 7a and sectional tournament play. She also had the only double-double in single A at the Boro I believe. I'm not saying she is the only one just that she's in the mix. I've seen many of the one's listed here in this forum and she's right there with them in my opinion. Just my opinion, though. 

Laker(20-45) you need to do a little more stat checking and watching of games before you comment. Davis' stats are in the same mix with the ones listed in this forum for the 2016-17 season and defended the Sun's proclaimed best in 7a and sectional tournament play. She also had the only double-double in single A at the Boro I believe. I'm not saying she is the only one just that she's in the mix. I've seen many of the one's listed here in this forum and she's right there with them in my opinion. Just my opinion, though.

Taylor Lamb Avg. A double-double for the entire tournament (17 pts and 10 reb a game). Had double-double against the 2 other best A team in the state in Pickett Co. And Clarkrange.

The 1A game had two Miss Basketball players the one that won (Meadows) and the one that should've won (Lamb). No way Meadows should have beaten Lamb !

Just because you homer's think it doesn't mean that's the way it is.  Both are very good players and both were very deserving.  Lamb won the state championship, I'd say she will take that over any individual award as would Meadows.  Quit your whining and suck it up buttercup...  :popcorneater: