AAA State Duals

Bump11

I also understand that is the way it would work. Could see TN vs. Bradley or Wilson Central vs. Bradley in the first round.

Yes that could happen.

That would be stupid of them to do. I understand a team only get seeded by being a returning state medalist and winning the region, but why would you put two returning placers against each other in the first round?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Division I Class AAA, the sixteen teams that qualify for the state tournament shall meet on the first Friday and Saturday in February to determine the state dual meet champion. The draw for the tournaments will be released following the completion of all qualifying meets. Teams which qualify for the state dual tournament as regional champions who placed in the top four in the previous year’s state dual tournament, shall be seeded according to their previous year’s finish. The remaining teams shall be separated so that no team from the same region will be in the same side of the bracket, unless seeding causes this to happen.

I believe that TN High is going to grab the 1 seed. Wilson Central the 2 seed. They are the 2 teams that placed last year and won the regionals this season. Am I correct in thinking that?

you would be correct. Luckily Cleveland took the R4 title, otherwise we would have Bradley as 1, Tennessee 2 and Wilson 3, meaning TN, WC, and Cleveland wouldve been in the same side. Yikes