AAA State Duals Predictions!

Bump11

Those who say it don't matter are the ones who have no chance of winning. To the top 10 teams, especially top 5 if you can't be the champion, I'm certain you want to be 2nd. To say otherwise is just trying to convince someone that you are satisfied with mediocrity. Yes it's about individuals but those individuals contribute to overall team effort and pride. It's at the top of the goal list for anyone with a real chance.

Mediocrity, really? Your an idiot, my team has won more state titles I was wrestling than your team has made the state duals! Ask Henry how many times he cared anything about second place at Soddy because I promise it was never, I would say the same about Coach L from Bradley. So yes TN was very happy about finishing second last year and good for them, however again it's an individual tournament and seeds and blind draw can make ALL the difference of where you finish as a team, that's why it's not a predictor of team strength.

I would take 2nd over not making it any day of the week. That doesnt mean you go in trying to get 2nd, but 2nd is better than not qualifying. But you 100% have to show up looking to win. Whether your the #1 guy or a nobody, you have to show up thinking you can win. A reporter quoted Tristan Hackett from Beech a few years ago when he upset Austin Stevison, and i remember him saying that you have to go out there expecting to win everytime. You have to believe that you will win no matter who is accross the mat from you. You cant have any other thoughts. If you step on the mat thinking anything other than that, then you have already lost. You have beaten yourself

Edited by Bump11

I'd like to see a system sort of like North Carolina's, where their duals are wrestled like a football playoff bracket. Begin with 32 teams, and have the lower seeded team visit the higher seed. Wrestle that down to 8 teams and bring them all to the AG Center to slug it out. Like the old days, place all 8 teams.

That's a great idea. Too bad it will likely never happen.

Round 1:

Tennessee over Mt Juliet

Independence over Blackman

Heritage over Houston

Bradley Central over Knox Halls

Summit over Gibbs

Cleveland over Maryville

Arlington over Science Hill

Wilson Central over Tullahoma

Round 2:

Tennessee over Independence

Bradley Central over Heritage

Cleveland over Summit

Arlington over Wilson Central

Round 3:

Bradley Central over Tennessee

Cleveland over Arlington

Round 4 (Championship):

Bradley Central over Cleveland 

• Upvote 1

First, a individual tournament win for state tourney is not a real indicator of a teams strength, duals are for that very reason, not even sure except for crap and giggles why they even keep team scores at the individual state tourney, that is for the kids not the team. A Team can have 5 studs on a team win state titles and win the state individual tourney while the other 9 kids cant win even a match doesn't make a tough team. That's why i have never paid any attention to a team race at the individuals, it's called individual tourney for that very reason. When i wrestled coach would throw those plaques in a back room never to see the light of day again, i remember him when they asked us to pose for the second place trophy at individuals my senior year that he up and walked away, same with one that won first, means a whole lot less to i would say most coaches to win the individual but finish 2, 3 or even 4th at the duals, because you are head to head wrestling not wrestling based upon a seed. 

Now Tn High and even Science hill don't usually come down to the region 4 area they usually stay up in their area along with VA which is a very tough wrestling state. So i don't know all that much about them, but I am very glad that the teams from the other regions are catching up as wrestling is my true love in sports and having a very tough wrestling state top to bottom is something i have loved to see come true and that includes Arlington from Reg 8 and we all know Wilson Central with some awesome coaching has hit it big and having good staying power as a top rated program. Right now its a good time to be a fan of Tn wrestling! good luck to all the wrestlers this weekend and for the next 3 weekends!

Because so many people attend the National Duals... attendance in St. Louis will be down this year. SMH! 

SAC, WHAT? were you trying to make a point or what?

For my picks it is 

1st- Bradley(hard to beat someone that many times in a season that closely)

2nd- Cleveland

3rd-TN High

4th-Wilson Central

had a hard time with wilson central vs arlington though

also will be a dog fight to keep science hill out from top 4

Safe travels and good luck to all the teams up there this weekend for the duals!

• Upvote 1

Tennessee 38 Mt. Juliet 35

Indy 51 Blackman 21

Heritage 37 Houston 30

Bradley 45 Halls 24

Summit 54 Gibbs 19

Cleveland 68 Maryville 6

Science Hill 35 Arlington 28

Wilson 39 Tullahoma 35

MJ gave TN alllllllll they could handle and then some. Heck of a match. Halls also didnt back down from Bradley.

Edited by Bump11