National Signing Day

ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood

So happy! Welcome to UCF Richardson!!!!

I grew up in the press box at the Citrus Bowl watching UCF when they were DII and 1-AA. Go Knights!!!

? I'm confused. Committed to Clemson. Decommited. Ole miss came calling the day before signing day. Did the outer space signing to Maryland. Now signed with UCF. Something is not right. I see Northwest community college next???? Enough already Edited by BigEdMo

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

? I'm confused. Committed to Clemson. Decommited. Ole miss came calling the day before signing day. Did the outer space signing to Maryland. Now signed with UCF. Something is not right. I see Northwest community college next???? Enough already

He went on a visit in January, I promise that this campus is beautiful! Most underrated Gameday in all of college football. I guarantee they introduced him to the coeds down there too because that is a sight to see for any college kid. 2nd largest university in the country, new coach last year and their back on the rise. Besides Clemson, UCF has had the most recent New Years Day Bowl success of any of the teams that were talking to him.

He went on a visit in January, I promise that this campus is beautiful! Most underrated Gameday in all of college football. I guarantee they introduced him to the coeds down there too because that is a sight to see for any college kid. 2nd largest university in the country, new coach last year and their back on the rise. Besides Clemson, UCF has had the most recent New Years Day Bowl success of any of the teams that were talking to him.

No offense to you or UCF (I would absolutely love to play there), but by all accounts he will be in JUCO somewhere. Don't like talking bad about kids, but I gather that there is no way he becomes eligible regardless of where he wants to play. Trezvant was involved in a big academic scandal midway through the year that they were cleared of wrongdoing, but they still forfeited a game or two. There is nothing wrong with going JUCO, and best of luck to Cordarrion!

No offense to you or UCF (I would absolutely love to play there), but by all accounts he will be in JUCO somewhere. Don't like talking bad about kids, but I gather that there is no way he becomes eligible regardless of where he wants to play. Trezvant was involved in a big academic scandal midway through the year that they were cleared of wrongdoing, but they still forfeited a game or two. There is nothing wrong with going JUCO, and best of luck to Cordarrion!

That's a possibility, but I hope he gets cleared. He's been a joy to watch on the field.

Signed Letters of Intent: (19) - Whitehaven

#5, S, Jabril Malone - UTC (Univ. of Tenn. Chatt. Athletics)

#4, DT/FB, Shabar Wilson - WIU (Western Illinois Univ.)

#22, OLB, Aubrey Miller - UM (Univ. of Missouri)

#72, OL/DL, William Whitfield -  Fullerton Community College (FCC Football)

#50, OL/DL, Tyler Walton - Fullerton Community College

#58, OL/DL, Darrick Jackson - Univ. of Ark. Monticello (Uni. Ark. Monticello F-ball)

#64, OL/DL,  Anthony Geter - TSU (Tennessee State Univ. Football)

#9, WR/KR, Kenneth Garrett - McKendree Univ., (McKendree University Athletics)

#12, WR/PR, Ka'Dedrick Richardson - Fullerton Community College 

#1, DE/OLB, J'Len Smith - WIU (Western Illinois Athletics)

#11, SB, Kylan Watkins - UTM (Univ. Tenn. Martin Athletics)

#2, WR/KR/PR, Markerion Johnson - SMU (Southern Miss. Univ. Athletics)

#17, WR, Jeremy Williams - Rhodes College (Rhodes Athletics)

#28, MLB/OLB, Vontavious Thacker - LU (Lincoln Univ. Athletics)

#3, QB/S, Austin Harris - Fullerton Community College

#18, DE/OLB, Mathew Robinson - Hiram Community College (Hiram CC Athletics)

#10, DB, Aaron "AJ" Johnson - MTSU (Mid. Tenn. State Univ. Athletics)

#24, FB/RB, Tyrone Cason - BSC (Birmingham Southern College Athletics)

#8, QB/ATH, Lesley Mosby - MTSU

That many signees means that they have coaches and probably others working hard to get players noticed and put in position to sign.  Congratulations to all.

Edited by Bighurt

That many signees means that they have coaches and probably others working hard to get players noticed and put in position to sign.  Congratulations to all.

That is definitely the case. It all starts at the top. The Whitehaven HC is THE BEST in Tennessee high school football at this. This isn't some fluke. Last years Class 6A semi-finalist team had 12 to sign LOIs. The 2014 semi-finalist team had 11 to sign LOIs. He's been doing this for a while now.

The Whitehaven HC, and the coaching staff, and the parents, and the players themselves all have vital roles to play ... but it is the HC who has created and implemented the system. The players know what to expect. They know the work that has to be put in by them. Some folks wonder why Whitehaven just seems to reload every season. Three underclassman on this team have received invitations to the Nike's 'The Opening' regional.

The HC puts in the work. He grinds at this. You can easily track his activity through the Whitehaven Football Twitter page. There are other coaches in the Memphis area learning from him. His work ethic in this area is impeccable. Quite frankly, some of the coaches in high school in TN need to ask him to do a clinic on this. 

Let me ask you a question. If you are currently an underclass player on this Whitehaven team, would it be hard for you to put in the work in the off-season when you watched 19 of your team mates sign on the dotted line in a ceremony at school? If anybody asked you if your coached cared for your future, what would be your answer? If you are a parent of an underclassman, would you be encouraging your son to listen to and take the HC's advice on off season preparedness? None of this doesn't happen if the parents and players don't buy in.

Yeah ... I'd say that there is a whole system in place. One man can't do this alone ... but he can be the catalyst. It's just one reason why Whitehaven will field good, competitive teams in 6A every year.

However, it should be noted that Cordova (a Memphis area school) had 15 young men to sign LOIs. Whitehaven isn't the only school with a HC that is putting in work in this regard. It just so happens that Cordova is the team Whitehaven had to beat to make it to the championship game in 6A. I don't expect them to fall off either. Expect Whitehaven and Cordova to be in the hunt for the 6A gold ball again ... soon.

Edited by kwc

According to ABC/CW affiliate WATN Memphis, TN Sportscaster, Bryan Fenley's Twitter page the following signings occurred:

Whitehaven - 19

Cordova - 15

Lausanne - 5

St. George - 4

White Station - 8

Ridgeway - 6 (Kevin Barbee)

Germantown - 5

MUS - 2

Trezevant - 4

Harding Academy - 5

Memphis East - 2

CBHS - 2

Briarcrest - 2

There are others.

Now following

Respect Da Haven

That many signees means that they have coaches and probably others working hard to get players noticed and put in position to sign. Congratulations to all.

That is an impressive list. Definitely a lot of people helping the kids. That does not happen at some other places. My congrats as well. Edited by strongx