6AAA 2017

PIONEERS12

I have heard Warren Co. has a strong group returning so should be good, White Co. struggled at times last year but return a couple of good pitchers without seeing either played yet I would have to give the advantage to Warren Co. based on last year. Cookeville graduated 6 players that were 3 or 4 year starters, they are in a rebuilding year but played well enough to beat a very good DeKalb Co. team in their opener. Cumberland Co. I think will be a tough game for Cookeville but I think they will pull out a close one.

Just unreal on Cumberland beating Cookeville!!!

I think I am floored, but, I had heard Cumberland was looking strong!

White County and Warren County - Warren is good, only took three kids to beat White County last night.  White County hitters have no idea how to hit the ball.  Looks like three may have been trained, the others swing when the ball is in the catchers glove.   

Their pitchers are out there by themselves playing as hard as they can and nobody else has a clue.  

Wow, Cumberland over Cookeville!  

Didn't expect that. 

Cumberland completely outplayed Cookeville in every facet of the game from what I hear. 

Looks like Cumberland is going to be a force now.

Now the Warren and White game and I see what softballtheonlygame is saying about White.  White County pitcher is a beast and completely held Warren County down on her own. Warren is a good good good hitting team and was held to maybe five hits, mostly bunts, but the errors from White County was absurd. White hitters are pretty pathetic.  Any win they get comes from their pitcher.

Cumberland County's spanking of Cookeville was just hard to watch. Cookeville's defense was terrible, counted at least 10 errors. I will say Cumberland can hit. I bet Cookeville pitches their #1 pitcher next time. Cumberland looked good, their pitcher was not over powering but very effective. She had a shutout going until Cookeville scored 3 in top of 5th with a couple HR's. Cumberland's defense made the plays they should have, all in all Cumberland just outplayed Cookeville and I think they are a team to watch in the district.

White County played Cumberland and Cumberland won 6-1.  Can we say, ERRORS all over the field for White County.  

But, looks like White County FINALLY has a coach, Michael Dodgen, who is making White County players be accountable for all their errors and laziness.  He has benched two year starters because of their errors.  FINALLY - some of the past coaches have put the girls in a position at game one and they stayed until the last game, no matter how many errors they made.  So, FINALLY some accountability.  

I like Dodgen. He says what he feels and coaches the right way.  I hope my kid gets to play for him. And my kid ain't the best, but she will have discipline. 

Glad to see Dodgen as head coach.  His players have always fought for a game, a win. They have hustled and played hard.  So he is hopefully bringing this to softball, who has not had coaches to push their players in a few years.