Cheerleading

eglchic55

Baseball is definately a sport, I think that's the first time I've ever heard someone say it's not. Baseball has some of the biggest, fastest, strongest and smartest athletes in the world. I would argue that baseball takes more skill than basketball, and it may not be as physically demanding, it definately requires physical ability. Pro baseball players work as hard as anyone to get to the point where they are.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Professional baseball players earn what they get, the multi-million dollars to do something that most kids would do for free their whole life.(saracasm) Then they have the "brass" to turn around and whine about the millions. Pound for pound basketball requires the most skill and athletic ability and stamina than any other sport, especially baseball. During a basketball game everyone is moving constantly and each position requires a different skill.

I agree with baseball it takes skill to hit the ball and the pitching position would be hard. But all the other guys do the same thing...stand around scratching themselves while the pitcher and the batter square off. Basketball does not have steriods like what is rampant in baseball. Admittedly there are the evils in basketball but there are in every sport.

Wow! This is so crazy! First of all, I have never heard someone say that baseball was not a sport. I love to watch baseball and it's mainly because it takes so much talent..you don't learn all that overnight. I have played softball since I was 5 and I could never come close to hitting a baseball. I've had someone pitch to me and a mid 80's baseball flyin by you isn't a real easy thing to handle. Also, I'd like to see ya'll try to react when that ball comes off the bat and try to catch it...not a lot of time to think about things. It's a lot more than scratchin and spittin. Now, for cheerleading. I have a lot of respect for those who get out there and flip and throw people up and all that, but let's face it, not all cheerleaders do that. When you just stand there and do some cheers and jump around, cheerleading is not a sport. A lot of our cheerleaders have decided that cheerleading is harder than basketball. I think I could learn to do a flip a lot faster than they could learn to dribble or shoot some 3's. Anytime any of ya'll cheerleaders wanna come try out one of our basketball practices just come on over the gym and have a big time.

As a 3 sport athlete at lchs, i think i would have a good opinion about what sport is the most difficult, or n e other argument u'd like to settle (at least when it comes to football, basketball, or baseball). And i'll have to say that football is the most difficult. I mean lets face it, how many people are really manly enuff to take on the task. Shoot, many people off our team this year thought they were manly enough, but u could see in their eyes they were scared of contact, especially with certain opponents. Each position requires different skill, and each skill must be executed at all times for a play to work well. Linemen must block, the qb must throw, the receiver must catch, all these must happen. So football is prolly more of a sport than any of the others, not to mention its the most popular american sport n e how. AS for baseball, think about tryin to hit a tiny ball with a piece of lumber, if u've never tried, try it one time, try swingin on a good cutter, nothing easy about it.

ok..don't you think that this has gotten a little out of hand? First of all, who's to judge what is a sport and what isn't? In the dictionary sport is this: Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively. In that case, anything could be considered a sport. Cheerleaders are often judged to be dumb and stupid and blonde.. thank you very much but I am a passed my permit test the first time and I also have a 4.0 GPA.. I also happen to have blonde hair.., and yes I am a cheerleader. I was also a gymnast for 13 years and let me tell you this: you can not learn a back tuck in a day.. if you did, please tell me and I will congratulate you myself. Yeah gymnastics is a lot harder than cheerleading, I went through 4 1/2 hour practices 6 days a week for years and the change to cheerleading was drastic, but you pretty much have to have a background of gymnastics to be a really good cheerleader. I just dont think you should judge everything about cheerleading until you have tried it yourself. Can this argument not end?

tried it yourself?i have,i was a cheerleader for several years,no,not high school,but i was a cheerleader,just someting to do during the off seeason,and let me tell you,no,its not easy,but it sure aint hard,and to this day,and beyond,i will not consider it a sport,nor cheerleaders atheletes,by websters definition,you could say a sibling rivalry was a sport,and it has more contact than cheerleading.

Hey people. They original post in this thred was who's the best squad in TN. Not is cheerleading a sport. If you don't like cheerleading don't comment on this thread. This thread wasn't started to debate if cheerleading is a sport. Sport or not, how would it look if there was no cheerleaders to help show out school spirit. It would look like we don't have any. My daughter is a cheerleader and they put in a lot of practice and work just like everyone else. Go Collinwood CHEERLEADERS!

Guest beachrebel13

reading this thread as shocked me to say the least. all im gunna say is that a baseball hitter is considerd sucessful when he hits the ball 3 out of 10 times at the plate. where else in the world is 30% considered successful. if that doesn't make u realize how incredibly difficult it is then im sorry. hittinga moving object, not exactly sure where its going, with a moving objct, in a time span of ner 2 secs. i was all about supportin the cheerleaders in this thread, but if someone is so nieve and iggnorant to even compare the two, you don't now the first thing about sports and athletics

I think Perry County has a wonderful cheerleading squad. They work very hard and do a great job with keeping spirit for our players and our crowd. Keep up the great work girls.Go Vikings. :D

Look back at my comments please before you go waving your ignorance wand around. I said the only hard parts in baseball were the batter and pitcher. So far the only rebuttals to my comment have their basis on the fact that it is hard to hit a baseball. Congratulations we agree. You can hand me the ignorance wand now.

By the dictionary definition, anything can be classified as a sport. Basket weaving, cooking, even video game competitions can be considered.