Triple A State Tournament Predictions

NEBMedia

I really don't mean to be crass to you, and I appreciate your passion for Bradley Central, but you saying Cumberland Co could beat the #1 team in the country according to 2 of the 3 biggest polls in USAToday AND M A X P R E P S is about the most ridiculous statement I have seen on CoachT in my 15 years of being on this board. :roflol: It is evident you have no clue about girl's high school basketball, have on BC blinders, and a delusional BC fan. :rolleyes:​ Basketball in 7-AAA is arguably the toughest district year in and year out in the US. Stewart's Creek is no pushover, and a really good team. Here is the talent Cumberland Co would have to play against:

Riverdale

• 1 player is a McDonald's All-American who will actually play in the All American game (not an honoree, which there are many), and has signed with Tennessee
  • 2 players have offers from Tennessee and won't graduate for 2-3 years
  • 2 players have committed to MTSU, and still have another year after this one to play
  • 1 player hasn't made her decision, but is an ESPN 4 Star player (just like Rhyne Howard) and has offers from Kentucky, Vanderbilt and GA Tech, just to name a few. She is a Jr as well with another year to play
  • Several players coming off the bench have offers from other schools
Can Bradley Central beat Riverdale? Who knows....just like someone said earlier, it would be like Villanova beating Georgetown in 1985. Very unlikely..... :rolleyes:

I was at Siegel tonight and watched Riverdale beat Stewart creek. I've been reading these post all year, I've seen all the teams play that you have mentioned the last couple of days. And here is my unbiased opinion, since I have no one playing for any of these teams. The Stewart creek team that I saw tonight, wouldn't have made the region 3 tournament, and would lose to Bradley by 30. And they would have to have somebody to handle the ball to beat Cumberland county's press. Riverdale is talented, but I don't think you can really know how good they are, because for a team that plays as aggressive on defense and crashes the boards hard, as they do, they get called for very few fouls. I think that if all the teams played well, and are healthy, Bradley, Riverdale, and Cumberland co are a toss up. stewarts creek would have to play over their head, and any of the others would have to play below average. Just an opinion from somebody who has seen them all play this year

I was at Siegel tonight and watched Riverdale beat Stewart creek. I've been reading these post all year, I've seen all the teams play that you have mentioned the last couple of days. And here is my unbiased opinion, since I have no one playing for any of these teams. The Stewart creek team that I saw tonight, wouldn't have made the region 3 tournament, and would lose to Bradley by 30. And they would have to have somebody to handle the ball to beat Cumberland county's press. Riverdale is talented, but I don't think you can really know how good they are, because for a team that plays as aggressive on defense and crashes the boards hard, as they do, they get called for very few fouls. I think that if all the teams played well, and are healthy, Bradley, Riverdale, and Cumberland co are a toss up. stewarts creek would have to play over their head, and any of the others would have to play below average. Just an opinion from somebody who has seen them all play this year

If Bradley Central beats Cumberland Co, we will see if what you say is true about BC beating them by 30. :P   SC did not have a good game tonight.  I believe they are a spoiler.  

When you play big girl ball, you are taught to crash the boards and play aggressive defense.  Believe me...Riverdale has been called for more than their share of fouls all season.  The bench is too strong, and they can rotate in and out easily.  Riverdale averages 15 fouls a game, but a player has only fouled out three times all season.

Ok I have kind of set back and let this little talk play out but gonna give you honest truth right now. 1st of all the AAA state title is Riverdale to lose. Bottomline end of story. Bradley has a nice team but they don't see the Calibur of Basketball played in the Boro all year period. They need to concern themselves with beating Stewart's Creek at home on the substate before they worry bout Riverdale. Cumberland Co, the best thing that could happen to Stewart's Creek is them upsetting Bradley in the regional final because the Creek would beat them by double digits at home in my opinion 13-14 points. I have seen all these teams with the exception of Bradley play this year. With that Bradley got by Stewart's Creek last year I'm a close one and promptly got bounced from the state tournament without making the finals. Until a team from.Middle/East TN proves they can handle a Boro team in the state tournament, when the last time a nonboro team won a AAA title, keep the talk to a minimum please! Thanks

I've seen all of the teams play this year with the exception of Cumberland County... If Bradley wins and host sub-state, like they should, I can see Stewarts Creek going in there and beating them.

I was at Riverdale's game tonight... they're playing on a different level right now. They looked like the best team in the country tonight...

If you've not seen all the teams play, then how can you make a fair assessment of the teams? If district 7 is such a tough district, why did only 2 teams advance in the region? And why did Riverdale and Stewart's creek have 2 of the weakest schedules in the state? As far as middle winning state championships, maybe they should have to take a 3 hour bus ride before the game, instead of a 12 minute car ride to the home court. But since that works to your teams advantage, I'm sure you say that it doesn't make a difference.

If you've not seen all the teams play, then how can you make a fair assessment of the teams? If district 7 is such a tough district, why did only 2 teams advance in the region? And why did Riverdale and Stewart's creek have 2 of the weakest schedules in the state? As far as middle winning state championships, maybe they should have to take a 3 hour bus ride before the game, instead of a 12 minute car ride to the home court. But since that works to your teams advantage, I'm sure you say that it doesn't make a difference.

The weak schedule claim against Riverdale is BS. If you're going by coacht SOS then he doesn't factor in out of state schedules. I'm almost certain no one in Triple A has played the schedule Riverdale has.
  • Upvote 1

Cumberland Co might be like many teams in TN with impressive records on paper, but they are missing McKenzie Isles this year, who was a 2,000 pt career scorer for them. CC also lost two other starters in Hyler and Smith.  Last year, Riverdale beat Cumberland Co in the sectionals by 20...even with Isles.

have you seen Cumberland play this year?

No, but I will get to if Bradley Central wins.  Riverdale plays on another level than any team in the state.  They would absolutely love to play Cumberland Co's press.  All on the court for Riverdale are D-I guards at most any given time and have gears most high school kids don't have... way too much speed.  That would be the worst thing CC could do is put the press on Riverdale.  :hungry:

If you have not seen all the teams play, your opinion is worthless. Do you really think district 7 is the toughest in the country? I'm not even sure that top to bottom, it's the toughest district in its region. You think Smyrna, Siegel, Blackman, and Laverne would dominate in every other district in Tennessee? The only wins those teams had this year were against each other.