Why interim tag?

devilsden

A number of schools are looking for a new head coach in there sport.  Most name an assistant coach with an interim tag/title.  Just saw where MoWest removed their interim tag and deservedly so.  Question is this, if you name them interim, why not name them head coach?  It happens in high school, college and even pro ball.  The Titans named Marlakey as there interim coach in 2015 then removed the interim tag and then finished with a winning record.  If its good enough for the Titans, it should be good enough for anyone else.  Agree/disagree?

• 3 weeks later...

Simply can't believe no body would comment on this statement.  Why do principle's name some body the interim head coach and then go through a search for a head coach for 1-2 months, but they don't name the interim as a head coach.  Believe the Titans did the right thing with Malarkey as I said above.  I have seen very few coaches in our state go from interim to head coach.

If they are good enough to be the interim for 1-2 months, why wouldn't they give the person a chance and see what they could do.  Titans went 9-7 with Marlarkey.  Don't care if the interim is 25 or 45, when you put your trust in him during the season or off season, that should be good enough.

Since no one gives a poot, I'll be quite.