Top teams in AAA

SweetScience

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be curious the thoughts of those from West and Middle TN.  I'd guess Houston will be very strong as always, and from what I know is coming back, I think Station Camp and Cookeville will both be very strong.

Should be interesting in the east side.  Many All State and even All American strikers have graduated ... Science Hill, Bearden, Oak Ridge, Farragut, DB all at least lost one if not two prolific scorers.  

Outside of Knoxville area, I know Science Hill will be strong and I'd expect DB and Morristown West to have good teams this year.

Around Knoxville, should be very interesting.  Oak Ridge has a large number of seniors/juniors this year that played last year.  They will again be the class of their district easily barring something strange.  Central and Halls at least should be competing for #2.

West and Hardin Valley both have at least 2-3 very fast and dangerous attacking players; both are better than last year and at least one of those will either compete for top of the district or cause the top teams some trouble if they can find a strong full roster.  Maryville lost a lot of seniors but always has talent.  Bearden returns two all-state midfielders and a good core.  Farragut as always has tons of talented kids, as well as a very strong forward and a very good midfield.   Farragut, Bearden, and Maryville all return strong talent but need to determine how best to score.

• 1 month later...

Just for fun...

Top 5

Station Camp

Houston

Colliersville

Science Hill

Maryville

Next 10 (not in any order)

Farragut

Ravenwood

Oakland

Cookeville

Oak Ridge

Brentwood

Cleveland

Dobyns-Bennett

Hendersonville

Bearden

Pretty good list. I think a lot of teams in the East are neck and neck. Farragut, OR, Maryville and Bearden are all good teams that could beat the other on any given day. JMO.

SweetScience, what's your take on Oak Ridge and where they fall?  Have they played Central yet in their district?

Think you are right about the East.  Farragut, Maryville, Bearden, Science Hill, and DB all are very close match-ups.

No. We haven't played Central yet. But, we did beat DB earlier in the year, and played in a tournament in GA with very good comp and won it earlier in the year, so with that said I think we should be top 10 ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this past week we beat Maryville @ Maryville 2-0, but then turn around and lose our last regular season game 4-3 @ home to the Admirals of Farragut. As I was saying in an earlier post, these top teams in the East can beat one another on any given day. This right here is proof.

Edited by SweetScience

OR Wildcats beat Knox Central 4-0 to win the district 3AAA title tonight. Austin Vineyard has 6 goals in the past 2 games.

Congrats man!

Good to see Austin rocking it on the pitch! Tell him "congrats" from me!

Good luck on Tuesday!