11 AA 2017

Hcsoftball17

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

are you thinking about their senior pitcher? She is not the one I am thinking about. They have a junior pitcher that can be dominant and a freshman pitcher that will be dominate as she matures. I have seen both kids play during the summer and both can be very dynamic. Waverly has a good pitcher as well, I have seen her in the summer as well.

I was referring to the JR. She can dominate a lot of the teams in the district, but could see some

struggles with the top teams, like a Waverly, or she might dominate them too. High school kids,

you just never know. That freshman pitcher could develop into a shut down, other team feels

hopeless, type pitcher. She has some attitude problems on the field. She can get frustrated

easily and loses all her control. Hopefully she gains some maturity over the next 4 years. She

can be a great one, like Brooklin Lee. Only time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

you are right the Waverly / Creekwood game could be very interesting. I may have to come out of Rutherford County to see that one, 2 good pitchers. I saw them dual last year and Waverly won 2-1 but the CW pitcher threw a 2 hitter at them and I know that she beat them several times as a freshman and won a game a the state that year. I have seen CW several times this year at a Rutherford County playday where they beat Smyrna and she completely dominated a really good Smyrna team with double digit strikeouts in 4 innings and at the Commando against Beech (double digit strikeouts in 4 innings) and Clarksville NE (2 hitter in the rain). I have kept up with both of the CW pitchers from their time with the Firebirds organanization and both will end up pitching D1 college ball if they keep improving.I haven't seen Waverly around much so I am not sure what they have surrounding their really good pitcher but the CW team's young players will grow up very quickly. CW freshman pitcher is already holding her own but you are right she has a lot of growth ahead to be dominant. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like Creek Wood's freshman has, for the most part, lived up to the hype. Waverly got to her in their last meeting. She gets a shot at redemption tomorrow at Waverly. I heard the senior pitcher quit during the season. I hate that. I have no idea what the circumstances were, just hate to see young folks lose their passion for the game and lose the fun and love.

First off it was a great game. Yes she got the win but you can't say she out pitched the heritage pitcher. She had a perfect game through 6 and Heritage had several base runners and hits in every inning. They just couldn't get one across the plate.

Creek Woods Jr pitcher shut out Page for trip to region championship where she again shut out Waverly for the Regional Championship and then out pitched and shut out White House Heritage for a trip to State. Senior pitcher quit before season really started. Team is made up of 1 senior 3rd baseman,jr pitcher and the rest are sophomores and freshmen.

I agree about Creek Wood. I don't think that pitcher will be a shut down/dominate type. She will with some teams, but will struggle with the better hitting teams. I think they take the district, but they won't dominate.

2 shutouts versus Waverly

shut out Page

shutout White House Heritage

All in a 2 week period, speaks for itself