Jets vs panthers who wins

Cumberlandsportsfan

While both teams seem to have a slow start last night both still got the win.Panthers have a lot of momentum going into Monday nights game I think the conditioning and depth of the jets will play a huge roll.Also I think the district coach of the year (no "co" in that coach of the year in my book although rhea co. has got a good one) will play a big part.JETS BY 12.Good luck ladies.

If it comes down to coaching i'll go with the the SMHS coach.  He's taken boys teams from two different schools to the state tournament.  I think he knows how to game plan and make adjustments when the game is on the line.  SMHS is a totally different team than CCHS.  Your talent level should dictate how you coach.  The best coaches are the ones that get more from less!  Lack of discipline will eventually catch up to you!   Should be a good game.  

If it comes down to coaching i'll go with the the SMHS coach. He's taken boys teams from two different schools to the state tournament. I think he knows how to game plan and make adjustments when the game is on the line. SMHS is a totally different team than CCHS. Your talent level should dictate how you coach. The best coaches are the ones that get more from less! Lack of discipline will eventually catch up to you! Should be a good game.

Just a couple points of issue with your opinions. First this is girls basketball and what you did with a boys team counts for squat. Second Stone hasn't beaten Cumberland in 11 games, if all you said were true then that would not be case. Facts are they are disciplined and they know how to win. That comes from coaching. I imagine you have a connection to Stone and this is just wishful thinking. All will be revealed Monday evening.

Stone over Cumberland tomorrow night. Game could go either way. Two completely different styles of basketball. Neither team played their best in semi game. Obviously Cumberland is the favorite. But, I just think Cumb is due a district loss. Projected White Co to beat them last night, but the came up a little short. White Co has had them on the ropes their last 2 meetings. Too many TO's for White Co to overcome. Hopefully Stone will take better care of the ball and give themselves a chance.

CCHS is the veteran team and should win the game.  SMHS is young and has nothing to lose.  Sometimes the best team doesn't win.  It seems to me that someone may be bias about the better coach.  If both teams were equal talent wise i believe you would see what i'm talking about.  It will come full circle in the next couple of years as the talent starts to equal out in Cumberland Co.  That's if CCHS even plays SMHS again.  The big game will be the region finals.  Good luck with Bradley.  It will take a totally different strategy to beat BCHS by which ever team makes it.  BTW, It really doesn't matter to me who wins Monday's game.  I have no dog in the hunt but i have watched basketball in the Upper Cumberland area the last 40 years and have seen first hand well coached teams.   

Stone almost beat them and cchs is 10-15 points better than stone.

Bradley played one of their worst games that night and the refs didn't help the situation. Bradley has been unstoppable ever since. The two teams are on completely different levels. Stone has young talent but the coach doesn't untilize it well. They have to learn to value the possession and cut their turnover rate before they can compete with the big girls.

• 11 months later...
On 2/22/2017 at 10:08 AM, TNscout2499 said:

Bradley played one of their worst games that night and the refs didn't help the situation. Bradley has been unstoppable ever since. The two teams are on completely different levels. Stone has young talent but the coach doesn't untilize it well. They have to learn to value the possession and cut their turnover rate before they can compete with the big girls.

Same story...different year!  Stone Memorial has a lot of young talent but Bradley Central is playing great team basketball.  

• Like 1

On 2/12/2018 at 9:05 PM, ladyflame3 said:

Same story...different year!  Stone Memorial has a lot of young talent but Bradley Central is playing great team basketball.  

Absolutely.. Going to be the same story every year until SM values possession of the basketball (way to many unforced turnover)  and develops a team basketball approach.