Region 2-AAA Tourney

SweetScience

I am probably wrong and should just let Sweet take this question but I think Oak Ridge was not the Oak Ridge team you saw play Powell. What I mean is EJ Bush had just gotten hurt and the team was learning how to play without him. Plus, Tee Higgins was in Florida playing in the Under Armor All American football game.

Yep. Tee & EJ both being out was the reason for that loss. We probably would've beaten Trinity too (Who won the Arby's) being they only beat us by 5 without 2 of our best players. With EJ this year I think we'd be a serious title contender. Unfortunately, it doesn't look as if he will be back.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Tee & EJ both being out was the reason for that loss. We probably would've beaten Trinity too (Who won the Arby's) being they only beat us by 5 without 2 of our best players. With EJ this year I think we'd be a serious title contender. Unfortunately, it doesn't look as if he will be back.

I know what you mean about us missing EJ so much. Pray for a miracle, though.

I don't know what people think of me as an OR fan. Am I one of those who blindly follow the Cats and don't speak out when something is obviously wrong or am I a straight shooter. That said, I am feeling really good about the team. They seem to be getting better as individual players and as a team with each game played. I think Memphis East won't be ready for an East Tennessee team to look them dead in the eyes and not blink. Do we beat East? I have no idea we even get that far. Can we beat East? heck yes!

I don't know what people think of me as an OR fan. Am I one of those who blindly follow the Cats and don't speak out when something is obviously wrong or am I a straight shooter. That said, I am feeling really good about the team. They seem to be getting better as individual players and as a team with each game played. I think Memphis East won't be ready for an East Tennessee team to look them dead in the eyes and not blink. Do we beat East? I have no idea we even get that far. Can we beat East? heck yes!

I'm just worried about beating Maryville. They're a fine team and have always been a thorn in our side. They've beaten us in the past when we have had better teams on paper. Hope these seniors don't let it happen again.

I'm just worried about beating Maryville. They're a fine team and have always been a thorn in our side. They've beaten us in the past when we have had better teams on paper. Hope these seniors don't let it happen again.

Gotcha, one game at a time. I just get so excited that I forget that or should I say, I get so teexcited..

Sorry, idk how this ended up inside your post.

Carolinacrazy wrote:

First, I think most of you OR fans are straight shooters Willie.  Can you imagine how these other fans in our district would be on these message boards if we were 27-2 ranked high in state, had those kids and staff?  we'd be so obnoxious it would be awful. LOL. heck I'm proud of CC finishing 4th and winning 20 games. Theres an old saying, act like you've been there before and most of the OR fans act that way.  

Now, I heard that Green thinks they can reach state without EJ, and is waiting till state to play him? Anyone else hear that?  I heard he could probably play this week if needed?  Now, thats OR guys I work with.  Maybe just blowing smoke?

Now, East? I believe OR can definitely win this game if it happens. Green subs pretty liberally throughout the season, but when you get there? You play your horses more.  A player like Tee or Jones could literally take over a game, and when they get rolling they could be hard to handle.  This OR team somehow has gotten better as the years went on.  Heck according to the draw they may not even see East. Once your there, any team can beat any team. IMO, OR has gotten some of the worst draws at state when they've gotten there.  Maybe its their year.

Edited by CarolinaCrazy

Sorry, idk how this ended up inside your post.

Carolinacrazy wrote:

First, I think most of you OR fans are straight shooters Willie. Can you imagine how these other fans in our district would be on these message boards if we were 27-2 ranked high in state, had those kids and staff? we'd be so obnoxious it would be awful. LOL. heck I'm proud of CC finishing 4th and winning 20 games. Theres an old saying, act like you've been there before and most of the OR fans act that way.

Now, I heard that Green thinks they can reach state without EJ, and is waiting till state to play him? Anyone else hear that? I heard he could probably play this week if needed? Now, thats OR guys I work with. Maybe just blowing smoke?

Now, East? I believe OR can definitely win this game if it happens. Green subs pretty liberally throughout the season, but when you get there? You play your horses more. A player like Tee or Jones could literally take over a game, and when they get rolling they could be hard to handle. This OR team somehow has gotten better as the years went on. Heck according to the draw they may not even see East. Once your there, any team can beat any team. IMO, OR has gotten some of the worst draws at state when they've gotten there. Maybe its their year.

I haven't heard any of that about EJ, CC. Hope you're right though. I think our backcourt guys would match up well with East IF we were fortunate enough to play them (long way to go still). If that does happen I just fear they will dominate in the post with their size.

Well, I just read where EJ has been cleared by the doctors to start doing basketball activities. Green said in the article that if we continue to win he will be back playing. that's great news.

well, maybe these guys at work know more than us about whats going on. LOL. They said he's been running with the team for 2-3 weeks but not doing the cutting and side drills.  Don't know how Green will use him but what a weapon coming of the bench.