8AA

SomethingAnonymous

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How has the rest of 8-AA looked to start the season? MCM has looked solid with 3 wins against AAA schools, with only loss coming against the defending AAA champs.

Cannon Co opens up district play Monday & Tuesday with UHS. Cannon's pitching is young, just needs time. 

• 1 month later...

District overall is weaker than it was last year. MCM is the best of the bunch but in my opinion they're not as good as they were last year. Smith county is solid, Macon is scrappy and better than I thought they would be. UHS only returning 3 position players and 2 pitchers from last years team are about middle of the pack. I also think that SC, UHS and Dekalb can beat CM on the right day. CM still has Macon. SC has York, UHS has Dekalb and LA has CC. It looks like Macon, Dekalb or UHS could end up in 3rd place or possibly 5th. 

CM 10-0

SC   9-3

Dekalb 8-4

UHS  7-5

Macon 7-5

LA     3-9

Cannon  2-10

York  0-10

The district may be weaker compared to teams outside the district but it has been more competitive against each other than I would have thought.  Dekalb is better than I would have thought, UHS worse than I expected.  I saw Smith's JV a couple of times last year and thought they would be better this year and they are.  Macon better than past years as well.  Cannon & York about as expected and look at LA's scores, they aren't as bad as their record might indicate.

MCM's issue is their defense.  Lost a couple of good defenders but still much worse than it should be.  Not helped by a rotating SS position on one hand and playing others consistently at other positions in spite of double digit errors. It will cost them at a crucial moment in the post season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...