Boardreader55

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lots of people. Looks bad when a 6A school dodges a 3A school in its own backyard. Sets a bad example for the kids who should get the opportunity to compete against kids in their own community.

We're a 6A school who scheduled all 5A and 6A schools on our schedule. I don't see the problem? Edited by mountaineer

Lots of people. Looks bad when a 6A school dodges a 3A school in its own backyard. Sets a bad example for the kids who should get the opportunity to compete against kids in their own community.

Agree.We had same situation with Harig at Loudon,said he wouldn't play us.He left then they scheduled us and the kids played against kids they had played against since little league.Now Harig is back and I'm sure after this home and away he won't play us anymore either.I like the thought of playing your neighboring schools also.(to a certain extent)LOL! Edited by orngnblk

Agree.We had same situation with Harig at Loudon,said he wouldn't play us.He left then they scheduled us and the kids played against kids they had played against since little league.Now Harig is back and I'm sure after this home and away he won't play us anymore either.I like the thought of playing your neighboring schools also.(to a certain extent)LOL!

Do you really think Harig will bow out of the GB series? Is it always the coach's decision , or does the AD have input? If Loudon or Lenior City coaches talk to their kids about mental toughness, stepping up to the challenge and overcoming obstacles , then dodge Greenback in their own backyard, that's got to be a tough sale to the kids.

Do you think this type of action hurts a coach's credibility with his kids?

Do you really think Harig will bow out of the GB series? Is it always the coach's decision , or does the AD have input? If Loudon or Lenior City coaches talk to their kids about mental toughness, stepping up to the challenge and overcoming obstacles , then dodge Greenback in their own backyard, that's got to be a tough sale to the kids.

Do you think this type of action hurts a coach's credibility with his kids?

I know the last series we had with Harig at the Helm and we won we tried to get another home and away when Ridge was here and Harig said it does nothing for Loudon to play GB.Of course I differ in that opinion,they call the Loudon,LC game the county championship and we weren't in the mix.I think its a great atmosphere for football myself!