2017 Class A State Tournament

Play 4 Fun

The Lady Rebels are a family and they show that. They are very unselfish in their gameplay and it truly showed tonight. They had 16 assists compared to Pickett's 5. There were several times that Lamb could have taken an easy shot, but instead dished to someone under the goal for an even easier shot. This is why I love to watch them play. Pickett definitely held Braelyn back and you have to Pat them on the back for that but they left the inside wide open with Taylor and Morgan going for 19 each. That has been the theme for SG all along... You can't focus on any one or two players because they have a bench who can step in at anytime. It also helped with foul calls, which I thought were a bit ridiculous. But we were able to spread them out more with the depth that we had. I just love this team. They have been a joy to follow these past two years. And they are really great girls outside of basketball

Edited by Rebel82

Huntingdon struggled with Huntingdon! Three players never shot the ball after the first qtr and played the whole game. You cant win like that, yet they still had a chance to. Pickett and SG by far the best 2 teams i saw in single A.

Congrats to SG on winning another State Championship. Best 2 teams played a heck of a game. SG by 15 over a range Saturday night at 6. Rest of the field was weak....

The Lady Rebels are a family and they show that. They are very unselfish in their gameplay and it truly showed tonight. They had 16 assists compared to Pickett's 5. There were several times that Lamb could have taken an easy shot, but instead dished to someone under the goal for an even easier shot. This is why I love to watch them play. Pickett definitely held Braelyn back and you have to Pat them on the back for that but they left the inside wide open with Taylor and Morgan going for 19 each. That has been the theme for SG all along... You can't focus on any one or two players because they have a bench who can step in at anytime. It also helped with foul calls, which I thought were a bit ridiculous. But we were able to spread them out more with the depth that we had. I just love this team. They have been a joy to follow these past two years. And they are really great girls outside of basketball

Family, unselfish, etc etc...Don't make it anything it wasn't. SG is just deeper and more athletic. You have a great team & just won another championship. One quarter was the difference in the game. Those are the best 2 teams in the state. Range is a close/respectable 3rd, then a big ole gap to the field.

Family, unselfish, etc etc...Don't make it anything it wasn't. SG is just deeper and more athletic. You have a great team & just won another championship. One quarter was the difference in the game. Those are the best 2 teams in the state. Range is a close/respectable 3rd, then a big ole gap to the field.

Agreed!  +1

Although CR and SG are clearly in the drivers seat.  They would do well to be leery of both Hampton and Summertown.  Anyone can get beat with an unfocused effort at this level.  That being said I think the favorites still win today.

CR by 6

SG by 8

Kaz

p.s.  Good luck to all four

Regardless of how you view SG's intangibles.....they did a good job of staying on top of an excellent PC team.  I have said throughout this thread that the winner of this game is the clear frontrunner to the Gold Ball, and nothing witnessed yesterday makes me see otherwise.  I CAN see that despite how good the teams are, no one is infallible.  It will be vital for the two favorites to keep their focus because the other two are more dangerous than you think.  Hampton can play with CR unless their post has issues with foul trouble.  Their guards seem plenty capable of being able to overcome CR's pressure.  On the flip side, if Summertown can make a high number of threes....they can certainly cause problems for SG.  I still think SG is the toughest pickle in the jar because they have outstanding depth to compliment their starters.  All that said...I still think CR and SG

Although CR and SG are clearly in the drivers seat.  They would do well to be leery of both Hampton and Summertown.  Anyone can get beat with an unfocused effort at this level.  That being said I think the favorites still win today.

CR by 6

SG by 8

Kaz

p.s.  Good luck to all four

Kazagogo,

Totally agree with you. I would disagree with a previous post that said the gap was huge after Clarkrange, Pickett and SG. Take nothing away from the three of them but the gap could be as small as a made or missed three pointer.