Region 2A

bluedevil6913

There seems to be quite a bit of interest between a lot of the regular posters for this region so I figured let's talk about it. Seems to be quite a few solid young teams in this region. Harriman will have a decent team this year, as we bring in a 8th grade class that was solid throughout middle school but I'm sure it'll take some time before we see solid production. What's everybody else got?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be quite a bit of interest between a lot of the regular posters for this region so I figured let's talk about it. Seems to be quite a few solid young teams in this region. Harriman will have a decent team this year, as we bring in a 8th grade class that was solid throughout middle school but I'm sure it'll take some time before we see solid production. What's everybody else got?

CF should be the team to come out of 4a again this year and likely better than last year. Sounds like they have a pretty good mix of players and experience. 2nd is likely wide open in 4a... With maybe an edge to Oneida...couple pretty good arms returning.

Finally, an important thread.....It's BASEBALL TIME in TN! Dist 3 will be just as competitive in baseball as it has been in basketball. I'd say several teams will be up for a true run at GCA. Greenback and Meigs made us work our tails off last year, and we've lost a ton off of that team. Our boys will be extremely young, but they won't go down without a fight. All it takes is 2 good pitchers and any team can win district games. I look for more than a few teams to be in it this year. I can't wait to get it started! Good luck everyone.

Finally, an important thread.....It's BASEBALL TIME in TN! Dist 3 will be just as competitive in baseball as it has been in basketball. I'd say several teams will be up for a true run at GCA. Greenback and Meigs made us work our tails off last year, and we've lost a ton off of that team. Our boys will be extremely young, but they won't go down without a fight. All it takes is 2 good pitchers and any team can win district games. I look for more than a few teams to be in it this year. I can't wait to get it started! Good luck everyone.

I agree with BD6913 and 87ismine's assessment of the upcoming season.  Greenback will be one of the toughest teams, if not the toughest, in the Region. GCA, Harriman and Meigs will be strong teams as well. It will all come down to pitching depth and the new pitching rules. I don't think it will affect district play much, but will make non-district games pretty boring. This will relegate #1,2 and 3 PO's to district only pitchers for the most part. Excited to see how this year will shake out.

My prediction is GCA as Region 2A champs though, I'm only slightly biased to the Rowdy Rams.

I agree with BD6913 and 87ismine's assessment of the upcoming season. Greenback will be one of the toughest teams, if not the toughest, in the Region. GCA, Harriman and Meigs will be strong teams as well. It will all come down to pitching depth and the new pitching rules. I don't think it will affect district play much, but will make non-district games pretty boring. This will relegate #1,2 and 3 PO's to district only pitchers for the most part. Excited to see how this year will shake out.

My prediction is GCA as Region 2A champs though, I'm only slightly biased to the Rowdy Rams.

The new pitching rules is one of reasons Connor A going to play again. Lets still hope he has the juice he had in 7th grade 😂

Actually he has looked pretty good with control in some recent practice times with our coach. Honestly have to make sure he is in control with that heat, dont want to kill anyone. I got to admit I kind of excited to spit the seeds again!

The new pitching rules is one of reasons Connor A going to play again. Lets still hope he has the juice he had in 7th grade 😂

Actually he has looked pretty good with control in some recent practice times with our coach. Honestly have to make sure he is in control with that heat, dont want to kill anyone. I got to admit I kind of excited to spit the seeds again!

Nothin like spittin the seeds and watching a good game of baseball!! You just can't beat that!

Roane State has a class on how to spit,for you sweatervesters!

Anybody have any real clarification on what exactly the pitching rules are? You better have a few arms you can throw out there each night, or expect some butt whippins if you can't keep a pitch count down. There's a lot of strategy that goes into having a pitch count and learning how to work it! It's better for the kids arms, especially with these kids arms, and I think it's better for the game! You get the teams with the most depth in arms actually meaning something instead of throwing the same 3 guys all year and them having Tommy John to help fix up their elbow.

Anybody have any real clarification on what exactly the pitching rules are? You better have a few arms you can throw out there each night, or expect some butt whippins if you can't keep a pitch count down. There's a lot of strategy that goes into having a pitch count and learning how to work it! It's better for the kids arms, especially with these kids arms, and I think it's better for the game! You get the teams with the most depth in arms actually meaning something instead of throwing the same 3 guys all year and them having Tommy John to help fix up their elbow.

The simplest solution would have been to extend the season 3 weeks or so and not force 30+ games into a 60 day window. Basketball is 24+ games and lasts Nov to March....without the pitching issue.

I think in most districts teams will confer a couple times per game on the pitch counts and split the difference. For example: I say 54, you say 52...we settle on 53.

Varsity Rules: Cannot pitch 3 days in a row.

less than 25 pitches= can throw next day. 26-55= 1 day off.

56-75= 2 days off. 76-119= three days off. 120 or more=4 days off

Single A Thursday & Friday games could get ugly.