Region 2A

bluedevil6913

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he is playing.

Good for G'back....not so much for the rest of us. There are great athletes all across the district. It is going to be a fun season to watch play out.

It looks like our regular AND district season starts tomorrow at 1pm with a doubleheader v Rockwood at GCA. I hate 5-inning district games, but it is due to the forecast. And, it looks like we still may see how rain-proof that infield really is. Looks like a miserable forecast for baseball...... :cry:Good luck to everyone in getting their games in this week. Bundle up! Its baseball time in TN!!!   

Good for G'back....not so much for the rest of us. There are great athletes all across the district. It is going to be a fun season to watch play out.

It looks like our regular AND district season starts tomorrow at 1pm with a doubleheader v Rockwood at GCA. I hate 5-inning district games, but it is due to the forecast. And, it looks like we still may see how rain-proof that infield really is. Looks like a miserable forecast for baseball...... :cry:Good luck to everyone in getting their games in this week. Bundle up! Its baseball time in TN!!!

he is one of our aces and glad to have him. Who do you pull for?

he is one of our aces and glad to have him. Who do you pull for?

I'd say that is an understatement, though you've obviously got a lot of young talent around him. My "little" soph and his buddies have big shoes to fill. We lost 5 college signees this past year and finished the last three years 2nd, 1st, 2nd in the state. Will it be a re-loading or rebuilding year on Oak Ridge Highway? Time will tell for the very young 2017 GCA Rams. My hope is to see both of our teams in Murfreesboro this year. That'd be pretty cool!  

I'd say that is an understatement, though you've obviously got a lot of young talent around him. My "little" soph and his buddies have big shoes to fill. We lost 5 college signees this past year and finished the last three years 2nd, 1st, 2nd in the state. Will it be a re-loading or rebuilding year on Oak Ridge Highway? Time will tell for the very young 2017 GCA Rams. My hope is to see both of our teams in Murfreesboro this year. That'd be pretty cool!

that would be great. I have two boys on the GHS team this year looking forward to this year. My oldest is a senior and the youngest is a freshman. Good luck to you all until we play each other lol.

I saw where Rockwood split at GCA...is that a huge surprise, or just baseball? No one had really mentioned Rockwood that I noticed.

Not a huge surprise to those that understand what losing 5 college signees means to a small school program. I've said all along this team is young, inexperienced, but talented. The boys will be there in the end. We will be a much better team at tourney time than we are right now. Tough lessons are going to have to be learned the hard way, I'm afraid.  

Rockwood is better than they were last year....more like in years past. They threw their best pitcher in the 2nd game trying to steal one, and it worked. Same MO everybody threw at us last year, but it didn't work due to our depth on the mound. The kid pitched well....over 100 pitches...hope his arm is ok.

As Rockwood also had chances to put the game away, and they didn't, GCA completely blew the 2nd game in 9 innings (supposed to be a 5-inning game) .... GCA had bases loaded in 7th w/no outs and 3/4/5 hitters up.....didn't score. 3/4/5 are soph/frosh/soph and all good hitters. They've learned....bases loaded n no outs....can't try to do too much....just need a run in extra innings. Now, will they apply that lesson? We shall see going forward. I'll bet on a different, more positive result the next time.

I think those that understand what everybody has this year expect a very competitive district race. Let the games play out, and we'll see who's standing at the end. I'll go to bat with our youngsters and take my chances. Good luck everyone!

Not a huge surprise to those that understand what losing 5 college signees means to a small school program. I've said all along this team is young, inexperienced, but talented. The boys will be there in the end. We will be a much better team at tourney time than we are right now. Tough lessons are going to have to be learned the hard way, I'm afraid.  

Rockwood is better than they were last year....more like in years past. They threw their best pitcher in the 2nd game trying to steal one, and it worked. Same MO everybody threw at us last year, but it didn't work due to our depth on the mound. The kid pitched well....over 100 pitches...hope his arm is ok.

As Rockwood also had chances to put the game away, and they didn't, GCA completely blew the 2nd game in 9 innings (supposed to be a 5-inning game) .... GCA had bases loaded in 7th w/no outs and 3/4/5 hitters up.....didn't score. 3/4/5 are soph/frosh/soph and all good hitters. They've learned....bases loaded n no outs....can't try to do too much....just need a run in extra innings. Now, will they apply that lesson? We shall see going forward. I'll bet on a different, more positive result the next time.

I think those that understand what everybody has this year expect a very competitive district race. Let the games play out, and we'll see who's standing at the end. I'll go to bat with our youngsters and take my chances. Good luck everyone!

I enjoy reading your analysis. As a baseball guy myself at the high school and college level I appreciate good baseball no matter what team it is! I have to admit that even with you guys being a very young team that I was still surprised to see the Tigers steal one from you guys. Rockwood is a team that I know hardly anything about for the first time in a very long time! They've got to be somewhat decent to split the series with you guys! I'm hoping my Blue Devils can be competitive with you guys this year and maybe steal one from you guys! For us to make any noise it's going to take us playing our absolute best ball and probably getting some help. I think we're a year away from finally getting back to competing for a region title and playing for a chance to go to state. I'm looking forward to watching this season and keeping up with the toughest 1A district this side of Nashville, District 3!!

I enjoy reading your analysis. As a baseball guy myself at the high school and college level I appreciate good baseball no matter what team it is! I have to admit that even with you guys being a very young team that I was still surprised to see the Tigers steal one from you guys. Rockwood is a team that I know hardly anything about for the first time in a very long time! They've got to be somewhat decent to split the series with you guys! I'm hoping my Blue Devils can be competitive with you guys this year and maybe steal one from you guys! For us to make any noise it's going to take us playing our absolute best ball and probably getting some help. I think we're a year away from finally getting back to competing for a region title and playing for a chance to go to state. I'm looking forward to watching this season and keeping up with the toughest 1A district this side of Nashville, District 3!!

I love talking baseball. I've forgotten most of what I knew....long ago (it wasn't much anyway.) With all the stuff we've got going on at GCA with other sports, I always look forward to baseball season. It is my true love, and I believe my son's as well, though he won't commit an answer to that, and he is much better at football.

The one thing I need to clear up, for fear of not giving them their due or upsetting anyone mistaking my post, is that we do have some very good upper-class kids. We just don't have enough of them, and most of them sat behind that stellar senior class last year. We will absolutely be influenced by their on-field and off-field leadership. They are all hard-nosed, good baseball players, better young men....no attitudes. They're very accepting of the youngsters. That's not normal, but it sure is applauded.

This is the year to give it your best shot. My guess is the winner of Dist 3 will have at least 3 losses in district. I may be wrong. We may get it figured out, but we're already a game in the hole...it better be quick. To hear their folks talk, G'back may 5-inning run rule all of us. They will be very good for sure. Tellico just put the 1-hitter hammer to Midway, so they've got some pitching. Meigs is always in the mix, and I'm sure this year will be no different. Rockwood is solid, as I stated before. They've got two pretty good pitchers that will keep them in games, and they play good D up the middle....maybe elsewhere, but I wouldn't know...we kept hitting the ball to their CF for easy cans of corn! And, then, there's the BlueDevils....y'all need to concentrate on basketball this week. We've both got our hands full! GOOD LUCK TO YOU v MITCHELL! I'm tired of reading about them being 3-time defending champs. Take 'em down!!! I'm sure Mr. Pack and company will be ready to sling the stitches once basketball is over.

Don't forget....this is your best shot AND your last shot. We're off to the minor leagues and the all too unpopular move to D-II. Is that APPLAUSE I hear?????

Edited by 87ismine