Region 2A

bluedevil6913

I saw where Rockwood split at GCA...is that a huge surprise, or just baseball? No one had really mentioned Rockwood that I noticed.

In the second game, we had our chances to close the game out, but didn't. GCA is a young team and will play good as the season continues. Offensively as a team we didn't hit well. That is an anomaly. We had mental errors. That is an anomaly. We have a solid lineup. We will play to our potential. It's early and cold. I don't worry too much in these "winter" games. Only problem is we start the season playing district competition.

Now Rockwood, they are a good team and haven't got the love they deserve. To me, 4 players stood out on that team, Treadway, McDermott, Van Patten and Vanosdale. Treadway and McDermott can hit very well. Pitching we saw McDermott, Van Patten and Vanosdale. In my opinion, Vanosdale being their ace and pitched well. This team will be a team who will shake up the district this year. Don't overlook them.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the second game, we had our chances to close the game out, but didn't. GCA is a young team and will play good as the season continues. Offensively as a team we didn't hit well. That is an anomaly. We had mental errors. That is an anomaly. We have a solid lineup. We will play to our potential. It's early and cold. I don't worry too much in these "winter" games. Only problem is we start the season playing district competition.

Now Rockwood, they are a good team and haven't got the love they deserve. To me, 4 players stood out on that team, Treadway, McDermott, Van Patten and Vanosdale. Treadway and McDermott can hit very well. Pitching we saw McDermott, Van Patten and Vanosdale. In my opinion, Vanosdale being their ace and pitched well. This team will be a team who will shake up the district this year. Don't overlook them.

Very well put....much more concise too! (Appreciated by all, I'm sure!) I should leave the analysis to those that know much more baseball than I ever will. :popcorneater:

Edited by 87ismine

GB has a tough schedule this year outside of district play. 2 out of state teams, Greenville, Alcoa, Maryville and Farragut to name a few. I think we may be playing Sevier County as well but don't hold me to that. Should prepare us for post season. 9 games in the next 11 days will test us. 4 of those in DH back to back next Fri and Sat at play date at GP. Will need fast work from pitching core but we do have about 10 or so pitchers on varsity alone with 5 solid in rotation so far and another 2-3 very capable of pulling off some good innings. Never had that before at GB. These kids have been pitching for years in Dixie Youth and some travel ball which has prepped them well for this. Got some good bats top to bottom and speed...lots of speed. All the ingredients are there just have to play to the potential. 1st game of season played vs Sequoyah at their place Friday night with GB taking the win 18-2 in 5 with all playing. I think JV score was 11-0 in 3. Seqoyah graduated a lot and are rebuilding it appears.

Gr

GB has a tough schedule this year outside of district play. 2 out of state teams, Greenville, Alcoa, Maryville and Farragut to name a few. I think we may be playing Sevier County as well but don't hold me to that. Should prepare us for post season. 9 games in the next 11 days will test us. 4 of those in DH back to back next Fri and Sat at play date at GP. Will need fast work from pitching core but we do have about 10 or so pitchers on varsity alone with 5 solid in rotation so far and another 2-3 very capable of pulling off some good innings. Never had that before at GB. These kids have been pitching for years in Dixie Youth and some travel ball which has prepped them well for this. Got some good bats top to bottom and speed...lots of speed. All the ingredients are there just have to play to the potential. 1st game of season played vs Sequoyah at their place Friday night with GB taking the win 18-2 in 5 with all playing. I think JV score was 11-0 in 3. Seqoyah graduated a lot and are rebuilding it appears.

Greenback has a very talented and young baseball team that will compete with any team they play (will win a lot of baseball games). Looking forward to see how far this group of young men can go......will definitely be in the mix to play for Region and possible State Title . Good luck to the GB baseball team

Looks like District 3 is going to be as tough in baseball as it was in basketball. Congrats to Harriman on their Class A basketball championship!

Who's going to go to Murfreesboro in May and shock Loretto and the WTN boys? We need two teams from Dist 3 there again!

Thank you!! We are still on cloud nine from this State Championship!!!! I fully anticipate two teams from district 3 going to Murfreesboro and making some noise in the Spring Fling!!!