Huntingdon at TCA Sub State Title Game

ReitzFan

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

71-69 huntingdon in overtime. Great win for Huntingdon. Good luck at state. Bring the gold ball back west. TCA lady Lions so proud of you. You showed nothing but but fight to come from 12 down in the 4th to take it to overtime. Nothing to hang your heads about. Thank you to our senior #11 Lytle. You were the leader of your team. Proud of you and good luck in the future.

Heck of a girls game! Hats off to Huntingdon! You had to have shot 90% from the line and prob 60% from three. Huntingdon looked much more experienced and poised. TCA look scared at times and that's prob because of youth. Officials called an outstanding game! Good luck to the Fillies in Mboro! Bring home a gold ball!

Edited by TCAIntense

I have seen Huntingdon a couple of times this year.  Love the way they play.  They always seem to play their game and never let what the other team is doing take them out of what they want to do.  They have great balance with a strong, and sizable, inside game to go with sound guards that can hit from the outside.  Looking forward to seeing them in Murfreesboro.

Great game between two teams who left nothing else in the tank. I thought Huntingdon did amazing in the paint in quarters two and three and shot well behind the arc. TCA got punched in the face once or twice and they responded well. Unfortunately, I thought the transition from the 4th quarter to overtime killed TCA momentum. They had pretty much all the momentum in the last 2-3 minutes in the 4th. In overtime, I thought Huntingdon re-setted and play their game in the overtime.

One of those things where there was a loser and a winner, that's all!

This game was worth more than the price of admissions! Kudos to both teams!

Game: A

Atmosphere: A+

Officiating: C (thought they could've let a few things and let the girls play) 

I've saw some of the comments made in other threads about #11 and some other TCA players as "dirty". Hogwash. They play the game as it should be played which is all out. Familiar with the Lee girls from AAU and they are terrific kids and competitors. #11 is simply "The Truth". Fillies were very fortunate to not let that game slip away. Well worth the price of admission and good luck in the future.

Unfortunately a lot of our students were participating in DNow and weren't there or the atmosphere would have been super jacked up with an actual student section on the htown side! I wasn't a big fan of the taller ref and some of his calls especially the trip/travel call with 10 sec left but hey that's why they make the big bucks right? Lol

I've saw some of the comments made in other threads about #11 and some other TCA players as "dirty". Hogwash. They play the game as it should be played which is all out. Familiar with the Lee girls from AAU and they are terrific kids and competitors. #11 is simply "The Truth". Fillies were very fortunate to not let that game slip away. Well worth the price of admission and good luck in the future.

Thanks for your kind words about our team and thanks for defending #11's reputation.  Good luck next week in the Glass House.  I will be there cheering for the Fillies!