Bradley Central Bearettes

Hopefully this thread will allow the Triple A State thread to focus on the very deserving 8 teams that remain and not those that have completed their seasons. First, Congrats to SC for beating our Bearettes. SC was the better team last night. Good luck to Coach King and the Lady Hawks. Congrats to the other 7 that punched their tickets including Oak Ridge and Coach Paige (Redman) Green. (A former Bearette) I am a parent of a player and know every girl and every parent associated with our program. I know every story of each family's decision to enroll at Bradley. Discussions of "transfers, weak schedules," and discrediting our kids have gone on long enough. Please allow me to defend our young ladies. These are the facts:

1. Exactly 20 girls are in our program. (JV and Varsity included)

-19 of 20 entered BC on day one of their 9th grade year. 

-1 transferred 2nd semester of her 9th grade year. (6th man) So all 20 were at BC in the 9th grade. 

-18 of the 20 attended an in county middle school.

-1 attended East Hamilton MS- 9 miles down I-75 from BC. 

The "transfer" talk relative to this specific team has been created by a few local fans and even Coaches who simply are not happy with their own program's level of success. Try to find another school with 1800 students who is successful and has fewer "transfers."  Our team has as much or more home grown talent as anyone in the state. Please don't take the bait from others who are misinformed and/ or intentionally spreading "fake news"  (especially a certain coach at a local school who uses this forum for self promotion and posts absolute lies under multiple usernames and has 4 "transfers" in his top 10 players- 3 of which "transferred" from.......you guessed it- Bradley Central) We've never complained and celebrate the success those girls have had across town. They did what they felt was best for them and we are all still friends with their families. 

2. Bearettesalltheway has been called a "Troll." I'm not sure why some call him a troll yet continue to reply to his every post. It is disappointing to continue to take shots from users who know they are replying to junk. Please ignore him. 

3. Our district is admittedly weak, but our Coach has attempted to do all he can to prepare our girls. Our players do compete at high levels in AAU and Exposure ball. National HS tournaments like some that Riverdale competes in require invites and 10's of thousands of dollars. (airline tickets, hotels, etc.) We competed in the best tournament we were invited to at the Andrew Johnson Bank tourney where 2 of the current final 8 and 4 of the sectional 16 teams in AAA TN competed. Non district games included 3 more of the final 32 AAA teams, 2 of the top private school teams and a final 4 -AAAAA  team from GA. Additionally, we played Hamilton Heights and Smyrna in a play day at Riverdale the week before the season began. Source: www.Bradleybearettes.com

We were adequately prepared. We just got beat by a very good team in SC. We give them credit. 

4. Recently someone called out one of our players in a negative way on CoachT. That was tragic in my opinion and it seemed like many of you felt that same and supported the young lady. For that, I thank you. My daughter was made aware of this and felt terrible for her teammate. I don't understand the logic by some of the same folks today who are bashing our program, our schedule and even our kids. (some by the players' names) As one poster said: "These are 14-18 year old kids and some of them see this." Yes they do see this. It's a shame for them to feel discredited individually and as a team by adults. We should all be better than that. I ask you to be a part of the solution.

All of you love your respective schools. That's the way it should be. We love Bradley Central and it's rich history of great players and families. We are proud of our girls.  They have a collective 3.8 GPA and have made unforgettable memories. They have represented our school and community well off the court  as well. This past week has been difficult for 100's of teams across the state as their seasons have ended with a loss. Last night, it was our turn. Many tears have been shed and the pain is very real. Now that our season is over and I have presented the facts, I respectfully ask you to please consider allowing us to reflect and celebrate the achievements of these young ladies. Good luck to the remaining 8 teams in each class. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully this thread will allow the Triple A State thread to focus on the very deserving 8 teams that remain and not those that have completed their seasons. First, Congrats to SC for beating our Bearettes. SC was the better team last night. Good luck to Coach King and the Lady Hawks. Congrats to the other 7 that punched their tickets including Oak Ridge and Coach Paige (Redman) Green. (A former Bearette) I am a parent of a player and know every girl and every parent associated with our program. I know every story of each family's decision to enroll at Bradley. Discussions of "transfers, weak schedules," and discrediting our kids have gone on long enough. Please allow me to defend our young ladies. These are the facts:

1. Exactly 20 girls are in our program. (JV and Varsity included)

-19 of 20 entered BC on day one of their 9th grade year.

-1 transferred 2nd semester of her 9th grade year. (6th man) So all 20 were at BC in the 9th grade.

-18 of the 20 attended an in county middle school.

-1 attended East Hamilton MS- 9 miles down I-75 from BC.

The "transfer" talk relative to this specific team has been created by a few local fans and even Coaches who simply are not happy with their own program's level of success. Try to find another school with 1800 students who is successful and has fewer "transfers." Our team has as much or more home grown talent as anyone in the state. Please don't take the bait from others who are misinformed and/ or intentionally spreading "fake news" (especially a certain coach at a local school who uses this forum for self promotion and posts absolute lies under multiple usernames and has 4 "transfers" in his top 10 players- 3 of which "transferred" from.......you guessed it- Bradley Central) We've never complained and celebrate the success those girls have had across town. They did what they felt was best for them and we are all still friends with their families.

2. Bearettesalltheway has been called a "Troll." I'm not sure why some call him a troll yet continue to reply to his every post. It is disappointing to continue to take shots from users who know they are replying to junk. Please ignore him.

3. Our district is admittedly weak, but our Coach has attempted to do all he can to prepare our girls. Our players do compete at high levels in AAU and Exposure ball. National HS tournaments like some that Riverdale competes in require invites and 10's of thousands of dollars. (airline tickets, hotels, etc.) We competed in the best tournament we were invited to at the Andrew Johnson Bank tourney where 2 of the current final 8 and 4 of the sectional 16 teams in AAA TN competed. Non district games included 3 more of the final 32 AAA teams, 2 of the top private school teams and a final 4 -AAAAA team from GA. Additionally, we played Hamilton Heights and Smyrna in a play day at Riverdale the week before the season began. Source: www.Bradleybearettes.com

We were adequately prepared. We just got beat by a very good team in SC. We give them credit.

4. Recently someone called out one of our players in a negative way on CoachT. That was tragic in my opinion and it seemed like many of you felt that same and supported the young lady. For that, I thank you. My daughter was made aware of this and felt terrible for her teammate. I don't understand the logic by some of the same folks today who are bashing our program, our schedule and even our kids. (some by the players' names) As one poster said: "These are 14-18 year old kids and some of them see this." Yes they do see this. It's a shame for them to feel discredited individually and as a team by adults. We should all be better than that. I ask you to be a part of the solution.

All of you love your respective schools. That's the way it should be. We love Bradley Central and it's rich history of great players and families. We are proud of our girls. They have a collective 3.8 GPA and have made unforgettable memories. They have represented our school and community well off the court as well. This past week has been difficult for 100's of teams across the state as their seasons have ended with a loss. Last night, it was our turn. Many tears have been shed and the pain is very real. Now that our season is over and I have presented the facts, I respectfully ask you to please consider allowing us to reflect and celebrate the achievements of these young ladies. Good luck to the remaining 8 teams in each class.

So 2 transferred after playing varsity ball. Howard as an 8th grader played for EH varsity allowed because same campus rule. Carter I guess is the other. Wonder why those 4 from the school you mentioned transferred ? Or the others that left went to WV one played bball and volleyball the other softball. Then yet another who played softball went to Polk. So you have 20 in the program this year 2 or 10% of them transferred after playing at another high school. Of those 2 how much of the minutes would you say they had of the available varsity time.? Figuring with 5 you have 20% each then if a 6 7 8 etc lowers the average. Now I know not all 20 saw varsity time so that makes it go back up. And I also know that one didn't start much if all but played significant minutes. So with just 2 transfers getting more than the rest of the varsity bench minutes I think it's a fair observation to wonder why those others left. Do you feel like it was because they or their parents knew that their minutes would be affected ? At least of the BBall players who transferred. And if they had stayed and the 2 didn't not transfer do you think Bradley would of had the same record ? Just wondering on your thoughts. Oh and welcome to the T. Don't take anything to serious on here and I'd recommend telling coaches and players to not even bother reading. It's just a discussion board. Has no weight or bearing on any descions made. Kinda like worry. It doesn't help to worry cause it changes zero. Just like these threads.

First of all im not a troll. Im ignore the fact that everybody bashes me and idc. I do feel that bradley doesnt get respected as much as they deserve. Those young girls dont need the harassment. They worked hard all season and got beat by a great team. Out of the teams that remain in stat bradley has beaten at least 4 of them in the past 4 years (sc, oak ridge, morristown west, and dickson county). I highly doubt riverdale woukd beat them by 15 or more based on tje coaching and talent those girls have. I watched their first game of season snd their last. They improved so much after the first game and they have a great 2nd team as well (went 16-0 in season). As far as the district they are in that isnt their fault. People always call middle tn teams "powerhouses". Murfreesboro/nashville area is very highly populated because thats where the money is.the only reason bradley wasnt ranked in usa today expert rankings is probably because nobody for usa today watched them play. Computer rankings are based on strength of schedule snd success against those teams which is how it should be. I graduatef in 97 and this was the best and most fun team to watch in the past 20 years. Although the 76 team won a title it was 6 on 6 back then so the game was allot different. Those 5 starters worked very well together and rather howard had transferred or not they still wouldve made sectional. One player doesnt make the team. Those girls should be proud to have been a bearette. There are some teams that may never win a state title that doesnt make them losers. Wed play out of state teams if we had the the travel money and were rich like the middle tennessee teams. I expect theyll get invited to play great teams next year and will compete. Yeah they lost 4 girls but only 1 player next year will be a senior (howard). Had howard started 2 years ago they couldve won state. Idk. But im proud of them its very hard to go undefeated during the season. Thats why no boys teams hardly ever do it. Look at east hamilton. Tjey lost 10 games during seasonaand theyre going to state ny beating a team that has made state every year for the past 5 years. There are hundreds of high schools in all classes so its very hard to be "the one" in march. Another reason this years team was better than the 76 team, way less schools back then. Going to the sectional round 6 years in a row is very hard to do. As long as they have fun and nobody gets hurts that all that matters. Props to the 8 teams that are left.

Programs which are successful draw players! Coaches do not need to recruit and often get blamed because a player chooses to play for them! Heck, when my daughter's coach left after her sophomore year, she begged and cried to move to Shelbyville! She stayed at Bradley, played for a great man and coach her last two years and was very successful. However, if Shelbyville had been closer and knowing she could play for a team like that, who knows???? But, it would not have been the fault of Coach Insell, rather the fact that she wanted to play for a state championship team! Why wouldn't a good basketball player in our area want to be a Bearette??? It's the chance to play in the state tourney!!! Congrats to all the Bearettes for an unforgettable season!

Programs which are successful draw players! Coaches do not need to recruit and often get blamed because a player chooses to play for them! Heck, when my daughter's coach left after her sophomore year, she begged and cried to move to Shelbyville! She stayed at Bradley, played for a great man and coach her last two years and was very successful. However, if Shelbyville had been closer and knowing she could play for a team like that, who knows???? But, it would not have been the fault of Coach Insell, rather the fact that she wanted to play for a state championship team! Why wouldn't a good basketball player in our area want to be a Bearette??? It's the chance to play in the state tourney!!! Congrats to all the Bearettes for an unforgettable season!

I totally agree with the miscommunication of the whole transferring saga. A player really knows where that program stands by the end of his/her sophomore year (what type of coach, the future, how good is the class behind, and who's a sexy team near the area). If a player wants to play for another team in order to increase the chances of winning state, he/she will do anything in their will to do so. Can't fault the athlete or the school that is succeeding. 

your daughter was a good player and played hard and gave it everything she had