Class A State Tournament

Shozen

I keep seeing people say Mitchell isn't as good as they were last year. I'll believe that when I see it. I heard that noise last year and the result was Mitchell winning gold in a blowout. Just like they did the 2 years before.

Agree Mitchell's pretty good is usually as good or better than other parts of the state's good teams. I feel this year will probably not be any different and it will have to be someone from the other side of the bracket to put them out in the championship.

Dude I'm 47 yrs old! A Humboldt win or loss doesn't pay my bills, so it's not that serious for me! I don't have to just say that! It was a lane violation at a horrible time for yall! Great time for Humboldt, but bad for yall! My point is you're saying the ref's gave Humboldt the game, my point is Humboldt's play the last 3 minutes caused the OT! That's it! Nothing more, nothing less!

Look at the write up from the Jackson sun. Up 10, you run clock, you don't try dribbling through a press, making crazy passes, etc-you chill and milk a little clock! Had they done that, there wouldn't have been an OT! So your saying it's the refs fault, I'm saying it's Humboldts fault!

HUMBOLDT — With 4:18 left, the Humboldt boys basketball team was cruising toward a berth into the Class A state tournament.

"We got careless with the ball there, but when you are in a game like this, you have to stay on point every single second," Humboldt coahc Ron Abernathy said. "With a team as good as they are, you have to. They were well prepared, and I expected that."

I don't care what u post...the refs gave y'all that game...and it don't pay my bills either...can't take the refs to the state with y'all!!!

I hope u can make it Saturday if Humboldt and Mitchell make it to the championship game...I'll be there in my orange and blk rooting for Mitchell!!!

I'll be there!  I live in the boro! I have no issues with Middleton, matter of fact I've talked to Coach Burkley prior to a couple of his girls playing for me on my summer team.  My last and only point is you keep saying the refs gave us the game, but we're up 10 with 3 min left, but started taking crazy shots, making crazy passes instead of milking the clock. You're talking about 1 FT that cost yall the game, but IMO and others can look and give their opinion.  I feel like the Middleton player should have been called for a charge!  He missed 1st FT long, the 2nd was long and as you can tell in the video, he left the FT line before the ball touched the rim.  Have a good day!

https://youtu.be/5k25sF1M5ts

I hope u can make it Saturday if Humboldt and Mitchell make it to the championship game...I'll be there in my orange and blk rooting for Mitchell!!!

Seriously blame the refs! Humboldt was up 10 & played terrible & careless with 2:48 left in game! Middleton played a great game & made 27 of 29 free throws ( refs called 20 more fouls on Humboldt) but you say refs cheated!! Also, the Middleton player clearly charged & all he had to do was hit one free throw! Kid missed first one (1) & clearly left line on second shot! So, I guess it was refs fault because he missed free throw, Middleton had there chance to win but didn't & in OT Humboldt took over & took a 10 point lead to win by 6!! Great season Middleton & looking forward to Middleton being in the same district with Humboldt next season!!

Seriously blame the refs! Humboldt was up 10 & played terrible & careless with 2:48 left in game! Middleton played a great game & made 27 of 29 free throws ( refs called 20 more fouls on Humboldt) but you say refs cheated!! Also, the Middleton player clearly charged & all he had to do was hit one free throw! Kid missed first one (1) & clearly left line on second shot! So, I guess it was refs fault because he missed free throw, Middleton had there chance to win but didn't & in OT Humboldt took over & took a 10 point lead to win by 6!! Great season Middleton & looking forward to Middleton being in the same district with Humboldt next season!!

That win should have a asterisk beside it!!!

Agree Mitchell's pretty good is usually as good or better than other parts of the state's good teams. I feel this year will probably not be any different and it will have to be someone from the other side of the bracket to put them out in the championship.

Mitchell is always good!  Not sure why people would even say otherwise!  SMH!

I don't care what u post...the refs gave y'all that game...and it don't pay my bills either...can't take the refs to the state with y'all!!!

Middleton will be in the District as Humboldt next year so we will see what happens. So stop be a Cisco the call before that was a charge on Middleton the kid was out of control and just flat run over the Humboldt kid! You don't see the Viking faithfull whinning about the call! The game should have not went to ot to start with. That the worst I have seen Humboldt play in the last 3 minutes all year and I am sure Coach A will get that straighten out! MIddleton has a good team and had a good year!

Mitchell is going for their fourth straight title in a row. That alone tells you all you need to know about Mitchell! A great program every single year the Tigers will be the team to beat no doubt in my mind!