Bearden

dirtydawg15

Bearden secures its 8th State Tournament appearance with an 86-57 win over Science Hill. I think that this is the first road victory ever for Bearden in the Sectional Round. All 7 other Sectional victories have been at home.

Bearden started slow the first 2 minutes, but were able to take the lead in the first quarter and never looked back. Trent Stephney put on a show in the first half with 18 points and 25 for the game. Dre Dave played his best game that I have seen all year. Too many turnovers as a team, but they were able to get it done and it is on to the Boro. 

Bearden was able to get the majority of points with drives and in transition right at the basket. This was a lot different from the game against Oak Ridge when they had Tee Higgins as their rim protector. Bearden was able to finish tonight where they struggled in the Region Championship.

This is a young team that might be a year ahead of schedule. Huge for them to make it and be able to experience and play in Murfreesboro. 

I trace their success back to the 3rd quarter of the District Championship game against Maryville. Turning a 13 point deficit into a 6 point lead in the final 5 minutes of a quarter and going on to win the Championship. This allowed them to play Oak Ridge in a non-elimination game and now they are both in the Final 8. If Maryville wins that game, this very well might be them.

Anything can happen next week. Hope the dawgs make some noise.

Congratulations to Coach Parrott and the Bearden Bulldogs! I saw this team play earlier in the year and a couple of times the past few weeks. This is a much better team now as compared to earlier in the year and they are only going to get better. Who knows what they can do in Murfreesboro but with the youth of the team, this thread could go on for a while.

Good luck to you all at State.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Making 100,000 a year not a bad gig
    • Yep..could possibly have 3 teams ranked in top ten in the same four team district.
    • He had an opportunity to be the OC at TC without final say in the offensive gameplan. How does that work? Smh. Head Coaches are public figures regardless of the community size, and yes there are some out there, it’s irrelevant and not fair to them to name them on here. Also why is said “head coach” the head coach of the MS baseball program to begin with? Oh because no one wants it. As for the Lebanon question, I know what I’ve been told so just going off here say, some of the boosters were not happy with his roster decisions and wanted him out. Although he lead them to 20+ wins in multiple seasons 
    • A head coach in the school system? No I dont think so. Head coaches are public figures in small communities. Not trying to slander, but this is an actual question. Do you know why he was forced to resign at Lebanon? This was his second chance.  He already left trousdale once and had an opportunity to come back a couple of years ago but spoiled that. 
    • Are you perfect? Nope no one is, at the end of the day there are several teachers/coaches and even some in the Trousdale County school system that have DUI’s on their record. You’re correct on it being a bad mistake and it unfortunately could have ended horribly. While you consider the consequences minimal, I can assure you they are not. Ultimately I hope and have faith that he will learn from it and use it to better himself.