Pearl Cohn vs Upperman

FBfan26

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mis read thought I saw 21 . Guess they played her straight up . Oh well how did PC stay in the game heard they actually had it won .

Shot lights out for most of the game with their guard play or would drive and dump to the post.

PC was up 2 with 30 secs left and they called an intentional foul/flagrant foul on Upperman and missed both free throws but got the ball back. Upperman had to foul again and PC made both. Levy hit a ayup and got fouled and made the FT so it was a one point game. UHS fouled again and they made 1 of 2 then Levy hit a tough shot to tie at near the buzzer.

If PC makes the two flagrant foul FTs and the preceding foul FTs to go up 6 instead of only 4 then it's probably over at that point as Maynard from UHS had fouled out already so the 3 was lacking.

Edited by Shozen

TSSAA Officials are terrible! They had a major impact on Uppermans run. Levy is player! She dominated the entire tournament. Congrats to Upperman the calls fell their way to say the least.

Give me a break!!!!!! PC got a flagrant foul call for them with 30 seconds left up 2 and that should NEVER happen in a close game in the state championship unless it's just so obvious you can't look it over. This foul wasn't that bad. Make the FTs, throw the ball in, and make the FTs then hoist the gold ball. Calls are called bad both ways every game of the year. Quit making up excuses for not doing the little things correctly like making FTs.

Winners found a way to win tonight in all 3 championship games.

Oh, did I say make the FTs?

Edited by Shozen

Give me a break!!!!!! PC got a flagrant foul call for them with 30 seconds left up 2 and that should NEVER happen in a close game in the state championship unless it's just so obvious you can't look it over. This foul wasn't that bad. Make the FTs, throw the ball in, and make the FTs then hoist the gold ball. Calls are called bad both ways every game of the year. Quit making up excuses for not doing the little things correctly like making FTs.

Winners found a way to win tonight in all 3 championship games.

Oh, did I say make the FTs?

College scouts/Coaches where talking about yesterday and today how bad the refs where. Something does needs to be done. From what i seeing its mostly the refs coming from East TN. Congratulations to upp. again

College scouts/Coaches where talking about yesterday and today how bad the refs where. Something does needs to be done. From what i seeing its mostly the refs coming from East TN. Congratulations to upp. again

That is nothing new from any classification to high school to pros. Teams have bad calls both ways. Nothing new.

TSSAA Officials are terrible! They had a major impact on Uppermans run. Levy is player! She dominated the entire tournament. Congrats to Upperman the calls fell their way to say the least.

Yeah they are!!! They tried to give the game to PC with a phantom intentional foul.  The PC player clearly flopped on the play it was obvious to everyone watching the game.  Notice she jumped right up after they called the foul, she just couldn't hit the free throws that would have iced the game at that point.  For a ref to call an intentional foul at that stage of the game tells me they were trying to give it to PC.  The fact that Upperman beat 8 tonight was unbelieveable.  Great job Lady Bees!!!  Not sure what the thinking was in the first OT for PC but there was no way they could win the game in the first overtime they never had the ball.  PC played their best game of the season today no doubt, however the best team won even though they didn't have their A game today.  Great job coaching by Coach McWilliams, thought she made every right decision coming down the stretch.  Heck of a game to watch for sure!

Ball went out of bounds off of Levy twice on the possession that she made the three-point play late in regulation. Ball was given back to Upperman both times. Officials let the players face the wrong way on the opening tipoff of the first overtime, and Pearl-Cohn was called for a backcourt violation once Shaw dribbled into the wrong court. So, I'd say the bad calls went both ways. Upperman found a way to get it done. Kudos to Upperman. Kudos to Pearl-Cohn on a great season. It was a great championship game.

okay guys the refs were bad both ways. I thought it was definitely a foul against upperman, but not intentional. There was a 3 that was pretty obvious in the third Quarter for PC that was put as a 2 by the ref (pictures of it). The worst had to be the refs lining up the teams wrong to start the 1st OT, and then called PC for over and back. However, there was a 2nd OT so 1st OT mistake didn't cost game. I was cheering for PC, but we should all be able to agree PC lost, because they couldn't hit free throws. If they hit those with under a minute they would be state champs. Congratulations to PC and Upperman for the game of the whole tournament (no matter the classification). Both deserved it, and both should be proud. Congrats to Upperman on a state championship, and a well deserved tournament MVP and miss basketball for Levy. 

PC had one of the best shooting games I've ever seen.  At one point they had the stats up on the scoreboard and they were 9/20 on threes, even after they had just missed a couple.  Shooting threes at 45% with that many attempts is strong at any level.  Shame someone had to lose that game.  Congrats to PC on a great year.  Very happy for everyone at The U to finally capture the gold ball.

Upperman had to run the "gauntlet " beating Jackson Southside, East Nashville, Pearl Cohn. Wow!! nobody can say this team got an easy draw.Anyone of these 4 teams on any given week could have won it .but it was Upperman's time and well deserved. Congratulations Dana and the Lady Bees!!

Upperman had to run the "gauntlet " beating Jackson Southside, East Nashville, Pearl Cohn. Wow!! nobody can say this team got an easy draw.Anyone of these 4 teams on any given week could have won it .but it was Upperman's time and well deserved. Congratulations Dana and the Lady Bees!!

Very true, and another reason why it was well deserved, and Levy deserves Tournament MVP. Upperman had to beat the 3 next best teams in the tournament to win it all.