Overall Best

bleacher

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I can't say I have seen all these teams play all year . First thing record means absolutely nothing in basketball . Anybody can play a cupcake schedule for a good record . It's a tournament sport so if you can't make it to state you aren't good enough to be in the conversation, period . If you include Hamilton heights in this discussion I believe you have 4 teams very close . Brentwood academy has garland who is unguardable and can set all his shooters up . I believe Heights and east length would still be too much for them . I believe Heights and east would go down to a game 7 I think east would beat them now . Oak ridge and BA would be another great 7 game series probably going seven given the edge to BA . After those 4 to me it's a big drop off . I can't put southwind in the conversation based on what I saw in the state tournament. Freeman is great nice to finally see him . Any of those 4 above teams win easy 4-1 in a seven game series . Independence improved Brentwood plays a different style but lets be real they go down and play Cordova whitehaven and some of those other teams they probably getting beat . There are no single A teams none that could be considered in the top 25 not even close it's just a different beast . AA I don't think any could challenge the top 10 except 1 Whites Creek . When they decide to Play they can play and give you fits . Their problem is they think are better than they are and can just show up . In case state tournament. Both those games were awful games they played . Anybody watching them probably asking how this team ever made it here . All that said here is my top 5

East 96.7

Heights 96.0

Brentwood Academy 94.8

Oak ridge 94.5

Southwind 89.6

Ok I can't say I have seen all these teams play all year . First thing record means absolutely nothing in basketball . Anybody can play a cupcake schedule for a good record . It's a tournament sport so if you can't make it to state you aren't good enough to be in the conversation, period . If you include Hamilton heights in this discussion I believe you have 4 teams very close . Brentwood academy has garland who is unguardable and can set all his shooters up . I believe Heights and east length would still be too much for them . I believe Heights and east would go down to a game 7 I think east would beat them now . Oak ridge and BA would be another great 7 game series probably going seven given the edge to BA . After those 4 to me it's a big drop off . I can't put southwind in the conversation based on what I saw in the state tournament. Freeman is great nice to finally see him . Any of those 4 above teams win easy 4-1 in a seven game series . Independence improved Brentwood plays a different style but lets be real they go down and play Cordova whitehaven and some of those other teams they probably getting beat . There are no single A teams none that could be considered in the top 25 not even close it's just a different beast . AA I don't think any could challenge the top 10 except 1 Whites Creek . When they decide to Play they can play and give you fits . Their problem is they think are better than they are and can just show up . In case state tournament. Both those games were awful games they played . Anybody watching them probably asking how this team ever made it here . All that said here is my top 5

East 96.7

Heights 96.0

Brentwood Academy 94.8

Oak ridge 94.5

Southwind 89.6

I can't put East over Hamilton Heights for the fact that Heights beat them by 8. East def. can beat HH but I don't see them as the clear cut favorite.

If we aren't talking about classification teams then Heights has the advantage for obvious reasons.

Edited by Shozen

For what it's worth unapproved website ranks the top 10 as:

1. East

2. BA

3. HH

4. Oak Ridge

5. McCallie

6. Southwind

7. Ensworth

8. Blackman

9. Christian Brothers

10. Summit

Seems like there is a consensus on the top 4 in the state. After that, probably a lot of room for debate.

#1- Memphis East

#2- Oak Ridge

#3- Southwind

#4-Independence

#5-Brentwood Academy

That's how I saw it, Opinions may Vary

So you put BA, who beat Indy by 30, at #5? I will not try and argue my point because it seems that you are bias toward public schools. I just wanted you to be aware of the 30 piece BA handed to Indy and then you might want to readjust the order.

Here is what I think the top TSSAA teams in the state are (not including Hamilton Heights)...

Top 2 definately go to East and BA ( Both top 15 in the country) then Oak Ridge and Southwind hold the 3th and 4th spot and like it was said earlier after that there is a big drop off I feel like a lot of different good teams could go there.

So you put BA, who beat Indy by 30, at #5? I will not try and argue my point because it seems that you are bias toward public schools. I just wanted you to be aware of the 30 piece BA handed to Indy and then you might want to readjust the order.

Might need to get his eyes checked lol