Next Year's Top Teams in Single A

bobcatfan300

19 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

Moore County could never beat Pickett County this year. Pickett was 2nd best in the state last year and are even better this year. Clarkrange made it to the finals but played the weaker side to get there and lost by more to South Greene than Pickett did. PC has the best 2 freshman girls I've seen with one starting and the other coming in, plus Courtney Pritchett should be a Miss Basketball nominee. She was MVP in both the district and the region tournaments over Miss Basketball Kara Meadows last year. I saw Clarkrange today and unless they just had an off day, they aren't as good as last year. I doubt Moore Co could beat the first 4 teams in our district.

Not to offend you, but all the awards, and praises that you are giving Pickett county players from last year don't mean much this year.  Courtney Pritchett is a good player on a good team, but will have a hard time being a miss basketball finalist because she has several other players that can contribute that she may not have impressive enough scoring stats to get it.  Finally,  Clarkrange  has not looked great to this point but it is early in the season and they are playing 4 freshman in the rotation that should get better as the season goes on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NotsoFast said:

Not to offend you, but all the awards, and praises that you are giving Pickett county players from last year don't mean much this year.  Courtney Pritchett is a good player on a good team, but will have a hard time being a miss basketball finalist because she has several other players that can contribute that she may not have impressive enough scoring stats to get it.  Finally,  Clarkrange  has not looked great to this point but it is early in the season and they are playing 4 freshman in the rotation that should get better as the season goes on.

Last year???   All I said was PC is better than last year including Courtney who was great last year. The Clarkrange freshmen have a long way to go to match PC's freshmen, who will also be better as the year goes on and PC will be better too. Any Miss Basketball nominee has to have support and she did have support in those games where she was named MVP twice over Kara Meadows. Why be so worried  about our players? Why not post the good things about your own team?

Edited by bobcatfan300
Let something out
  • Like 1

Moore County will NOT be a pushover for anyone in our district. Anyone who thinks they will may have a long ride home from Lynchburg after a sub state loss. Dekalb was NOT a quality win. PC is very good, but the season is wayyyyyy too early to be picking state tournament champions and all that. A lot of stuff still has to play out. Clarkrange is very good! Jackson County is strong again. Anyone who thinks this district will be a cake walk is crazy....and the coaches and players (the only thing that matters) know this is not going to be an easy year. Come to think of it....getting to Murfreesboro never is. 

Wayyyyyyyyy too early in the year with NO tests for any team yet really to be flag waving and trophy counting. 

On 11/18/2017 at 10:52 PM, bobcatfan300 said:

Moore County could never beat Pickett County this year. Pickett was 2nd best in the state last year and are even better this year. Clarkrange made it to the finals but played the weaker side to get there and lost by more to South Greene than Pickett did. PC has the best 2 freshman girls I've seen with one starting and the other coming in, plus Courtney Pritchett should be a Miss Basketball nominee. She was MVP in both the district and the region tournaments over Miss Basketball Kara Meadows last year. I saw Clarkrange today and unless they just had an off day, they aren't as good as last year. I doubt Moore Co could beat the first 4 teams in our district.

Never say never. Upperman is a good team but MC also had a bad night. They will be ready when it matters. They don't give away trophies at the first of the year. 

Such a childish response. To point out that Courtney won the MVP over Meadowstwice is just a fact. Get over it. Yeah  I guess with PC going to the state 3 straight years you would be getting fatigue. Why not talk about what is good with your teams instead of whining about ours! Oh by the way PC was up by 32 over LA with the younger girls getting to play a lot against LA's starters. And yes, LA is way down this year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2017 at 0:10 AM, bobcatfan300 said:

Such a childish response. To point out that Courtney won the MVP over Meadowstwice is just a fact. Get over it. Yeah  I guess with PC going to the state 3 straight years you would be getting fatigue. Why not talk about what is good with your teams instead of whining about ours! Oh by the way PC was up by 32 over LA with the younger girls getting to play a lot against LA's starters. And yes, LA is way down this year.

3 years straight yes, 3 years going home with there tails tucked between there legs empty handed.. 

I could see this unfolding like Jackson county ,Celina few years back. Pickett will probably win the majority against Clarkrange early, but both make state tournament opposite brackets and meet in championship. It's hard to keep beating same good teams over and over, as Celina ended as #1 state champions. This match up is very similiar in the making.

On 12/1/2017 at 1:49 AM, BigFan1966 said:

3 years straight yes, 3 years going home with there tails tucked between there legs empty handed.. 

Your post shows how little you know.  3 years ago in the state tournament they led Middleton until the last 2 minutes and Middleton was unbeaten and won the state. 2 years ago they lost to the state champion again, South Greene. Last year they lost o the state champion again, South Greene and played them closer than anyone did in the state tournament...so being 2nd best in the state is HARDLY going home with their tail between their legs empty handed! Empty handed? No they went home with 30 wins, the Region Title and District Tournament  Title, MVP in both Region and District and every starter being named to Al Tournament teams. All three years they came home having achieved more than almost every other school in the state. Thanks for the chance to post their accomplishments...all these girls worked hard and achieved a lot and we are VERY proud of them.