Next Year's Top Teams in Single A

bobcatfan300

On 12/1/2017 at 5:11 AM, repoman said:

I could see this unfolding like Jackson county ,Celina few years back. Pickett will probably win the majority against Clarkrange early, but both make state tournament opposite brackets and meet in championship. It's hard to keep beating same good teams over and over, as Celina ended as #1 state champions. This match up is very similiar in the making.

You are absolutely right and that was quite an achievement by Celina. It could also be a Clarkrange sweep this year with PC winning in the end. If both schools made the finals and Clarkrange won I would be on here congratulating them and being very proud of our district for having both teams in the finals...which our district has done before. Why people like BigFan1966 have to get on here and knock these young girl's achievements is beyond me. Why not talk about HIS or HER team's achievements...even a team that had been winless and won their first game is a team deserving of praise. THE PC girls had won 5 state championships in the past but for years struggled after that. Their fans stuck with them through thick and thin. Now they have made it back to being one of the very good programs again with talent now going all the way down to elementary school so they should be good for some time. I liked seeing Huntingdon's information...I will now watch their season to see if they'll make it to the state...and not be like BigFan1966 and knock them just because someone is sharing their success.

Edited by bobcatfan300
typo

On 12/2/2017 at 2:05 PM, bobcatfan300 said:

Your post shows how little you know.  3 years ago in the state tournament they led Middleton until the last 2 minutes and Middleton was unbeaten and won the state. 2 years ago they lost to the state champion again, South Greene. Last year they lost o the state champion again, South Greene and played them closer than anyone did in the state tournament...so being 2nd best in the state is HARDLY going home with their tail between their legs empty handed! Empty handed? No they went home with 30 wins, the Region Title and District Tournament  Title, MVP in both Region and District and every starter being named to Al Tournament teams. All three years they came home having achieved more than almost every other school in the state. Thanks for the chance to post their accomplishments...all these girls worked hard and achieved a lot and we are VERY proud of them.

I know more than you will ever know, i have been following these teams way before you was even a thought, Started way back in the 70's. And as far as the second best team in the state they  will receive a silver ball, something that Picket County hasn't done in the past 3 trips to the state. better yet any balls in many years. So when you get a piece of the hardware then come and brag about it..

1 hour ago, BigFan1966 said:

I know more than you will ever know, i have been following these teams way before you was even a thought, Started way back in the 70's. And as far as the second best team in the state they  will receive a silver ball, something that Picket County hasn't done in the past 3 trips to the state. better yet any balls in many years. So when you get a piece of the hardware then come and brag about it..

And there you have it !!!  LOL

Pickett County is the best 1A team in the state right now and is the favorite to win it all in Class A.  Doesn't mean they will but they are absolutely loaded across the bench.  They remind me of the Jackson County teams of the early 2000's where their bench players are better than most teams starters.  Having said that Clarkrange is pretty close to them and it wouldn't shock me to see these two teams play for the state championship.  The road to the state tournament for the loser of the Region Tournament will be much harder however as I've heard we have moved to a different substate which includes the teams in the Forrest/Moore County area. (correct me if i'm wrong)  The only thing i see wrong with this is TSSAA is going to allow some weak team out of Chattanooga to attend the state tournament leaving a good team at home.  As for the argument about last year, South Greene was the best team in the state, so did Clarkrange benefit from being on the opposite side of them in the state tournament, no question.  Would PC have made it to the state championship had they been on the opposite side of SG?  No doubt about it.  Last year is last year but PC beat Clarkrange when it mattered on the floor in the region tournament so no doubt in my mind PC was the better team head to head last year.  However facts are facts and Clarkrange took home the silver ball so they clearly had the better year.  just my two cents worth....

Edited by UCSportsFan

On 12/7/2017 at 8:23 AM, UCSportsFan said:

Pickett County is the best 1A team in the state right now and is the favorite to win it all in Class A.  Doesn't mean they will but they are absolutely loaded across the bench.  They remind me of the Jackson County teams of the early 2000's where their bench players are better than most teams starters.  Having said that Clarkrange is pretty close to them and it wouldn't shock me to see these two teams play for the state championship.  The road to the state tournament for the loser of the Region Tournament will be much harder however as I've heard we have moved to a different substate which includes the teams in the Forrest/Moore County area. (correct me if i'm wrong)  The only thing i see wrong with this is TSSAA is going to allow some weak team out of Chattanooga to attend the state tournament leaving a good team at home.  As for the argument about last year, South Greene was the best team in the state, so did Clarkrange benefit from being on the opposite side of them in the state tournament, no question.  Would PC have made it to the state championship had they been on the opposite side of SG?  No doubt about it.  Last year is last year but PC beat Clarkrange when it mattered on the floor in the region tournament so no doubt in my mind PC was the better team head to head last year.  However facts are facts and Clarkrange took home the silver ball so they clearly had the better year.  just my two cents worth....

Thank you for posting the facts vs Bigfan1966's hot air about Clarkrange playing far easier teams than PC in the tournament. Plus PC played South Greene better than Clarkrange in the tournament and had a better year than Clarkrange. PC took home the district and region tournament championship HARDWARE over Clarkrange. As for this year it will be decided on the court starting Tuesday. Right now as of tonight, Friday, I would say Clarkrange may be the team to beat on Tuesday. CONGRATULATIONS to the Lady Buffaloes on their amazing achievement tonight...21 threes against Trousdale County setting a new school record. If they keep that up no one will beat them. In the Pickett Co game tonight, PC stormed out to a 38-10 lead over Jackson County and then coach pulled the starters playing mostly freshmen until the half...it did not go well. JC shut down the young PC players to cut it to 40-29 at the half. The starters came back in the 3rd quarter but never played like they did earlier and only won 59-48. What looked to be a blowout turned out to be a much closer game than expected. Of course if the starters had stayed in, it most likely would have been a win by a much larger margin, but to JC's credit they took advantage of the chance PC gave them. PC had 8 threes before the starters came out and then only got 2 more in the game when the starters came back in. Aaliyah Brown continues to be the leading PC scorer with 25 tonight. She had 35 against AAA Dobyns-Bennett.

Yet to be determined!!

14 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

Thank you for posting the facts vs Bigfan1966's hot air about Clarkrange playing far easier teams than PC in the tournament. Plus PC played South Greene better than Clarkrange in the tournament and had a better year than Clarkrange. PC took home the district and region tournament championship HARDWARE over Clarkrange. As for this year it will be decided on the court starting Tuesday. Right now as of tonight, Friday, I would say Clarkrange may be the team to beat on Tuesday. CONGRATULATIONS to the Lady Buffaloes on their amazing achievement tonight...21 threes against Trousdale County setting a new school record. If they keep that up no one will beat them. In the Pickett Co game tonight, PC stormed out to a 38-10 lead over Jackson County and then coach pulled the starters playing mostly freshmen until the half...it did not go well. JC shut down the young PC players to cut it to 40-29 at the half. The starters came back in the 3rd quarter but never played like they did earlier and only won 59-48. What looked to be a blowout turned out to be a much closer game than expected. Of course if the starters had stayed in, it most likely would have been a win by a much larger margin, but to JC's credit they took advantage of the chance PC gave them. PC had 8 threes before the starters came out and then only got 2 more in the game when the starters came back in. Aaliyah Brown continues to be the leading PC scorer with 25 tonight. She had 35 against AAA Dobyns-Bennett.

FACTS are reality, A if is something that will never be a fact.. 

It's impossible to make such a ridiculous claim after ten or fewer games! Last I checked South Greene moved to double A leaving Clarkrange, 2017 State Runners-up sitting pretty. They accomplished more than Pickett last season and until knocked off are favorites to return to the title game. Now, with that being said, the past is the past and there are alot of teams playing some strong ball right now. Clarkrange, Huntingdon, Pickett, Greenfield, Summertown, Gleason, and several others have a legitimate shot at bringing home the gold ball this season. It's still early so let's just enjoy the rides these teams will take us on. No need for arguments as everything will sort itself out, as usual. 

3 hours ago, cradle2thegravelakersfan said:

It's impossible to make such a ridiculous claim after ten or fewer games! Last I checked South Greene moved to double A leaving Clarkrange, 2017 State Runners-up sitting pretty. They accomplished more than Pickett last season and until knocked off are favorites to return to the title game. Now, with that being said, the past is the past and there are alot of teams playing some strong ball right now. Clarkrange, Huntingdon, Pickett, Greenfield, Summertown, Gleason, and several others have a legitimate shot at bringing home the gold ball this season. It's still early so let's just enjoy the rides these teams will take us on. No need for arguments as everything will sort itself out, as usual. 

Agreed, but only one person is making such claims..

On 12/9/2017 at 8:44 PM, cradle2thegravelakersfan said:

If i wasn't out of town I'd be at this game tonight.  Should be a heck of a game between these two teams.  

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

If i wasn't out of town I'd be at this game tonight.  Should be a heck of a game between these two teams.  

The top 2 games in the state tonight ( 12/12 ) are: South Greene vs Grainger and Clarkrange vs Pickett County. Both games should be excellent, but far away from me (district 13 ). Wish I were close enough to attend either.