Next Year's Top Teams in Single A

bobcatfan300

8 hours ago, BullShark said:

True that, Croppy!  I am looking for Greenfield to make a deep run.  Their depth is a major concern, but barring Moore and Darby getting in foul trouble, I will take them every time!

Go Jackets!

Jan 02 Greenfield vs Huntingdon game at Huntingdon should be a classic. Last time we can play until hopefully the state tournament. Huntingdon used to be in west Tennessee. I guess everybody east of the Gibson Co line is now middle Tennessee!

16 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Jan 02 Greenfield vs Huntingdon game at Huntingdon should be a classic. Last time we can play until hopefully the state tournament. Huntingdon used to be in west Tennessee. I guess everybody east of the Gibson Co line is now middle Tennessee!

Kudos to Huntingdon for scheduling tough teams to start the season off because they will roll through their district.  

One team everyone seems to forget from the west in single A the past several years and always seems to be playing for a district championship and tough as anyone in the region tournament is Peabody. Winners of 7 of their last 8 games with a 1 point loss at Dyersburg being the only loss in a game that could of went either way. This team always seems to get to playing their best ball around the first of the year, off to their best start in years playing as tough a schedule as anyone. Gonna be interesting in January when district games start back up, but I'd keep an eye on this group. 9-4 right now and undefeated in the district. Losses come early in the season for them against very good teams. 

On 8/8/2017 at 4:10 PM, bobcatfan300 said:

How could they be better losing Kara Meadows, Miss Basketball? They will be good as always, but losing a player like Kara is HUGE. She scored 45 in the region final!

When you first posted this I agreed with you. No way Clarkrange was going to be better without Meadows but after watching them at the Sonic Shootout this past week they are a MUCH better team. The two Freshman twins are the real deal. They are better than advertised IMO. It’s takes a lot for me to be impressed but I have to say I can now see how CR was able to beat Pickett. They make everyone better.  Clarkrange will without a doubt be in Murfreesboro barring a major injury as will Pickett County. I don’t care where they have the travel to in the substate, both of these teams will make it to the Glass house and it will take a really good team to beat this Clarkrange team. Don’t sleep on Clay County either they are getting better by the week!  

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:40 PM, UCSportsFan said:

When you first posted this I agreed with you. No way Clarkrange was going to be better without Meadows but after watching them at the Sonic Shootout this past week they are a MUCH better team. The two Freshman twins are the real deal. They are better than advertised IMO. It’s takes a lot for me to be impressed but I have to say I can now see how CR was able to beat Pickett. They make everyone better.  Clarkrange will without a doubt be in Murfreesboro barring a major injury as will Pickett County. I don’t care where they have the travel to in the substate, both of these teams will make it to the Glass house and it will take a really good team to beat this Clarkrange team. Don’t sleep on Clay County either they are getting better by the week!  

Clarkrange is doing better than I thought they would after losing Kara and the twins are playing well, but should continue to improve as they get better with decision making on when to drive and pass or to shoot. That should come with experience. The other thing that helps c-range is there is no specific player you have to stop the leading scorer changes each game.

On 12/22/2017 at 0:53 PM, BABABA said:

One team everyone seems to forget from the west in single A the past several years and always seems to be playing for a district championship and tough as anyone in the region tournament is Peabody. Winners of 7 of their last 8 games with a 1 point loss at Dyersburg being the only loss in a game that could of went either way. This team always seems to get to playing their best ball around the first of the year, off to their best start in years playing as tough a schedule as anyone. Gonna be interesting in January when district games start back up, but I'd keep an eye on this group. 9-4 right now and undefeated in the district. Losses come early in the season for them against very good teams. 

BA,

I am with you on this one.  I am looking fwd to seeing how they do in a tough district.  They have plenty of athletes and are well coached.  They could finish anywhere from 1-4 in this district.  Where do you think they come in?

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Is it Clarkrange and everyone else? Greenfield and Huntingdon are top 2 in West TN with Gibson Co Dresden Gleason TCA and Trenton all a close 2nd. Who else is in with Summertown? Can we just skip to the region tournaments?

No Pickett County will have a say in it as well. Clarkrange and Pickett County will both be in the state tournament and I’m predicting they play for the gold ball.