Next Year's Top Teams in Single A

bobcatfan300

4 hours ago, BullShark said:

You are probably right about Huntingdon.  I have seen them several times including last year in the state tourney.  They sometimes look good at the guard position and other times appear careless.  What I may be saying here is that west tn may not have any teams that can compete for a state title. Two will make it, but will they really even have a chance for the gold ball?  The answer is "no" unless they have consistent good guard play.  Still a lot of season left....

I do think that Greenfield has a chance at winning a title this year... but a better chance the next two years. There’s no team in Single A with a Tess Darby/Chloe Moore duo. Clarkrange does have the twins, but they’re different than what Chloe and Tess are. 

Peabody is a good team, and could wind up being the other Single A team from West TN. It’s wide open on who is going to make it, I just hope Greenfield does as I feel like they would best represent this area as they are the best team out here.

Edited by GCPioneer

19 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

I do think that Greenfield has a chance at winning a title this year... but a better chance the next two years. There’s no team in Single A with a Tess Darby/Chloe Moore duo. Clarkrange does have the twins, but they’re different than what Chloe and Tess are. 

Peabody is a good team, and could wind up being the other Single A team from West TN. It’s wide open on who is going to make it, I just hope Greenfield does as I feel like they would best represent this area as they are the best team out here.

I have to agree with you GC.  I think Greenfield would represent west TN well and would be less likely to get awestruck and lay a turd in the Boro like so many teams do.  Moore and Darby have played enough big AAU games to not be intimidated by the bright lights of the state tourney.  

Peabody making it would also be a great story especially given the fact that just a few years back they went an entire season (2012-13) without winning a game and not even being close to winning a game.  Just think how bad of shape a program has to be in to be blown out by EVERY Single A girls basketball team you play for 27 games.  Incredible turnaround!!

6 hours ago, BullShark said:

I have to agree with you GC.  I think Greenfield would represent west TN well and would be less likely to get awestruck and lay a turd in the Boro like so many teams do.  Moore and Darby have played enough big AAU games to not be intimidated by the bright lights of the state tourney.  

Peabody making it would also be a great story especially given the fact that just a few years back they went an entire season (2012-13) without winning a game and not even being close to winning a game.  Just think how bad of shape a program has to be in to be blown out by EVERY Single A girls basketball team you play for 27 games.  Incredible turnaround!!

To what does Peabody owe their turn around to?  Sounds like a great story!  Where is my old buddy Greenfieldfan? 

2 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

You better watch out for my Greenfield girls, we loading up to make a run.

Good to hear from you sir. I’ve been keeping my eye on them as it looks like those young ladies are a force in West Tn. I’ll be watching as the season progresses. Good luck to them I hope they make it. Would love to watch them play. 

On 11/20/2017 at 8:33 AM, Play 4 Fun said:

Moore County will NOT be a pushover for anyone in our district. Anyone who thinks they will may have a long ride home from Lynchburg after a sub state loss. Dekalb was NOT a quality win. PC is very good, but the season is wayyyyyy too early to be picking state tournament champions and all that. A lot of stuff still has to play out. Clarkrange is very good! Jackson County is strong again. Anyone who thinks this district will be a cake walk is crazy....and the coaches and players (the only thing that matters) know this is not going to be an easy year. Come to think of it....getting to Murfreesboro never is. 

Wayyyyyyyyy too early in the year with NO tests for any team yet really to be flag waving and trophy counting. 

Moore County will be easily outcoached.