Next Year's Top Teams in Single A

bobcatfan300

21 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

I think you are right. I think Greenfield is the best team in the state this year but we haven't been there in a long time and sometimes that's a huge factor. No team has ever had two Miss Basketball finalists and Greenfield has several other good players than the two finalist. We also have an 8th grader that will be a Miss Basketball finalist someday that is a game changer, she has got to be on the court. We have good depth this year and this should be our year.  

It's tournament time and time to put our 5 best players on the court, I hope we do that. We have more basketball talent than any single A team in the state. 

2 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

What about it Greenfield fans? What did Stephenson do to beat Willie and the dynamic duo? Heard Darby fouled out and Moore got shut down. How bad was the refn? Im sure that was a factor at Gleason 

I don’t think the refs caused either team to win or lose the game. I thought they called a decent game.

Coach Stephenson coached a heck of a game putting his kids in position to dictate the tempo of the game; allowing them to push the ball when the opportunity was there but run effective offense in crucial parts of the game. They also had some kids step up big for them that I really didn’t expect.

Someone else mentioned getting Chloe the ball on the final possession of the game... I agree. She was the best option to get a bucket at that point in the game. I also think Edie needed to be on the floor more as well. She may be young, but proved to me throughout the game that she belonged on the floor. The region tournament is going to be interesting!

Edited by GCPioneer

Good post you are absolutely right. Chloe needs the ball in her hands when the game is on the line, they fouled her every time she drove inside. We had two chances inside 12 seconds and we called timeout both times and she still never touched the ball. Coach Stephenson had a good game plan and did a great job. Gleason girls all played well. 

4 hours ago, BABABA said:

Fouls cost Greenfield that game! If Tess doesn't  foul out they win. Greenfield is still best team in region. Bad calls I thought.  I think Greenfield coach  is saving something also, hasn't switched  anything up yet, while everyone else is throwing the kitchen sink at them already...My prediction is a Region Championship with Dresden vs. Greenfield. Greenfield losing is bad news for GC (who will win 14-A champ easily), which if I have this right they would prob meet in a region semi game. Greenfield wins that one. Peabody, Without Mayberry (who from what I hear possibly could be back for region) I don't think can get past first round. If Mayberry is healthy I take Peabody to make it. Peabody might show something different though tomorrow night, but big adjustment without Mayberry this late in the year. 

Never know what will happen in a lot of these games. Middleton had a couple players hurt that returned a week or so ago. We played them at Middleton early in the year with their full team with our full team and it was tied with a minute left and we pulled it out. Don't forget we lost our tallest post against Peabody for the year and Middleton has big bodies down low. We have a good post that plays well but we are not deep their. Middleton is playing well right now and could cause us problems. TCA caused us trouble with Lee as well as Dresden and Peabody with their big post. Union City has big girls as well. I looked back at our earlier meeting with Greenfield and they beat us by 2 and the game had several lead changes. So I agree they would be favored IF it happens, but it will be a war I will promise you that. 

7 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

So Loretto is going to beat Summertown? Collinwood travels to Huntingdon and Perry Co travels to McKenzie. West Carroll and Clarksburg are both terrible so no problem for Loretto and Summertown. Lets say top seeds advance. Who would play who in region tourney?

Loretto is bracketed with Huntington. it will be 11A #1 vs 12A #2.......Summertown will get Perry Co, who should handle McKenzie, though a McKenzie win would not surprise me in the least.

6 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

What about it Greenfield fans? What did Stephenson do to beat Willie and the dynamic duo? Heard Darby fouled out and Moore got shut down. How bad was the refn? Im sure that was a factor at Gleason 

Moore had 20 of Greenfield's 46 points, so she wasn't shut down. She had 3 made baskets waved off b/c the refs said the foul was on the floor ( 2 should've been good ). Darby has to back off some when in foul trouble and her team needs her. A head scratcher on why Moore didn't touch the ball the final 2 possessions. Give the ball to your best player at crunch time! Pritchett (Pickett Co), Shutes (Haywood), Dishman (Cumberland Co) all would have the ball in the waning moments. Regionals will be interesting. 

Imo, Greenfield is still the team to beat.The 2 Miss Basketball finalists did their part against Gleason scoring 39 of the 46 points, the other players for Greenfield on the floor looked shell shocked in that atmosphere.(and it was a crazy atmosphere) Let’s give credit where credit is due. Gleason girls beat a very good Dresden team in OT in a hostile atmosphere and turned right around and beat the #2 team in the state for the district championship. They are also young starting 3 sophomores that didn’t seem phased by the pressure at all.As good as the “big 2” are in Greenfield, it still takes 5 to win. And let’s not forget that Coach West for Dresden is very good at tournament time. Greenfield is talented, Gleason has the hot hand and Dresden is well coached. Btw Gibson Co isn’t going to lay down for anybody. Region should be fun !

5 hours ago, hoopfever said:

Imo, Greenfield is still the team to beat.The 2 Miss Basketball finalists did their part against Gleason scoring 39 of the 46 points, the other players for Greenfield on the floor looked shell shocked in that atmosphere.(and it was a crazy atmosphere) Let’s give credit where credit is due. Gleason girls beat a very good Dresden team in OT in a hostile atmosphere and turned right around and beat the #2 team in the state for the district championship. They are also young starting 3 sophomores that didn’t seem phased by the pressure at all.As good as the “big 2” are in Greenfield, it still takes 5 to win. And let’s not forget that Coach West for Dresden is very good at tournament time. Greenfield is talented, Gleason has the hot hand and Dresden is well coached. Btw Gibson Co isn’t going to lay down for anybody. Region should be fun !

Don't sleep on TCA either.  Not sure if any of the region teams have anyone that can stop #22.  The key will be just to slow her down.  Greenfield will have their hands full trying to beat them 3 times in a season, especially coming off a loss.  It will be interesting to see how they come out Thursday.  If TCA pulls off the major upset, they may just take the Region since they play the rest of the way at home.  Interesting that Dresden has to travel to Middleton and win to advance.  Last year Middleton was upset and eliminated in a crazy substate game in Dresden.  Great time of the year with some great matchups in Region 7.